New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Kinloss gate guardian - Nimrod XV240

View previous topic View next topic Go down
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

Spotter Watch Member : No

New Kinloss gate guardian - Nimrod XV240 Vide
PostSubject: New Kinloss gate guardian - Nimrod XV240 New Kinloss gate guardian - Nimrod XV240 Empty2009-09-12, 07:40

Well, what a disappointment!

Took a trundle over to Kinloss earlier to have a look at the new gate guardian. Had to fight my way through camper vans tractors, combine harvesters and new age Findhorners to get there and then could hardly see the damned thing.

XV240 is in a beautiful position right at the side of the road, but unless you have a very high step ladder or a vehicle roof to perch upon, photography is all but impossible owing to the 3-4m high chain-link fencing. Perhaps when all the work is finished they may provide photography ports in the fence, but until such time, forget it!

240 looks great, in lovely condition with nothing missing except the FLIR turret (did she ever have one), all the latest antennae are there.

New Kinloss gate guardian - Nimrod XV240 Nimrod-Kinloss-12-9-2009800

New Kinloss gate guardian - Nimrod XV240 2009-09-12_143159
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

New Kinloss gate guardian - Nimrod XV240 Vide
PostSubject: Re: New Kinloss gate guardian - Nimrod XV240 New Kinloss gate guardian - Nimrod XV240 Empty2009-09-12, 08:41

Thanks anyway for posting it, along with a map and top tips for shooting it, mucho appreciated by those that will head that way im sure.

Dunk

New Kinloss gate guardian - Nimrod XV240

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Photography & Art :: Recent Photos -