New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10...

View previous topic View next topic Go down
davem

davem

Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... Vide
PostSubject: Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... Empty2009-09-10, 14:22

OK, I'm heading for the gallows for that title...

But it was quite an evening. Driving from work to Carterton to deliver an order, was may well have been a Shadow R1 was on the 08 approach at about 5.25pm - I headed to 26 as soon as I could but there was no sign on the ground.

I was about to leave when a VC10 (Tartan 42) called up with a trailing hose so after a quick relocation to the 08 approach I managed to grab a few shots as it approached.

Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... _MG_1019

Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... _MG_1023

Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... _MG_1027

Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... _MG_1030

Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... _MG_1033

Another quick relocation, this time back to 26 and the emergency services were just leaving the scene.

Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... _MG_1041

Another '10 Ascot 528 (?) had just got airborne for a BOB flypast so I stuck it out hoping for a Spitfire or something exotic like that...

This was the only thing I got...

Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... _MG_1061

Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... _MG_1054

Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... _MG_1057

Last edited by davem on 2009-09-10, 16:31; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.equinesinaction.co.uk
ElliotDC

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... Empty2009-09-10, 15:15

Some nice pics there!

EDC Big Grin
Back to top Go down
LeeHathaway

PostSubject: Re: Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... Empty2009-09-10, 16:27

Nice thread title Dave!

Good shots of the 10 trailing the hose.. Saw it over Fairford..
Back to top Go down
jonesy

jonesy

PostSubject: Re: Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... Empty2009-09-10, 16:29

Nice one Dave. I was part of the stand-by crash team for the VC-10. Luckily we weren't called out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angels-20.co.uk
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... Empty2009-09-10, 23:34

Very nice Dave, if my 40d wasnt dead i'd probably have still been there Crying
1.4 x extender mkII
sigma 17-70mm
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... Empty2009-09-11, 00:44

Very nice set Dave, loving all of em!

You do realise that the little balls around the outside of the basket are toxic if they break open on contact with the ground? The fire crews will usually inspect with masks on, to see if they are intact, so make sure you stay upwind from it.

Nasty stuff!

Dunk
Dazza

Dazza

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... Empty2009-09-11, 01:28

Great catch just shows what can happen if you are in the right place at the right time, i really do like the last 3 as well the light looks really good on them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hairy moments at Brize - in association with PAN-'10...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Photography & Art :: Recent Photos -