New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum

View previous topic View next topic Go down
STEVIEJAWS

STEVIEJAWS

Spotter Watch Member : No

Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum Vide
PostSubject: Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum Empty2009-09-09, 13:11

Had a visit to this base the other day , unfortunately the F7U-3 Cutlass and F-8U Crusader were not located at the museum but further up the field near a yellow tent where they are being restored before going back on display , I asked if I could take photo's of them but as they were on the active base area the Naval Police refused permission. The same with the rest of the aircraft preserved around the base ( F/A-18A , P-3B , RH-53D , UH-1B and SH-2G and the 4 T-34's of the flying club ) , I did manage to get the F-14A though. Anyway here's the museum's aircraft.

145694 UH-34J Sea Horse
Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum DSC_8276

52-7833 OH-13
Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum DSC_8251

110639/White 35 Me-262b-1a
Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum DSC_8252

Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum DSC_8255

33-824 P-80 Shooting Star
Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum DSC_8253

127120 F9F-2 Panther
Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum DSC_8256

143568 FJ-4B Fury
Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum DSC_8259

158182 A-4M Sky Hawk
Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum DSC_8260

146034 C-1A Trader
Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum DSC_8263

160386 F-14A Tomcat
Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum DSC_8266

135764 Convair YF-2Y-1 Sea Dart
Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum DSC_8269

Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum DSC_8271

Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum DSC_8270

128517 HUP-2 Retriever
Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum DSC_8272

68-16614 UH-1V Iroquois
Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum DSC_8273

Last edited by STEVIEJAWS on 2009-09-11, 08:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Serial correction , credit to Andy Marden)
Back to top Go down
iflungdung

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum Empty2009-09-09, 13:23

Some interesting pics you got. some I have never seen Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum 53197 Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum 135320

well done
Back to top Go down
Andy Marden

PostSubject: Re: Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum Empty2009-09-10, 05:49

Steve.
Where did youi get the identity of the OH-13 from? AFAIK, it's c/n has been checked as 1060, making it OH-13G 52-7833.
Regards,
Andy Marden

USAMOOS
Back to top Go down
TUNNEN

Spotter Watch Member : NO

PostSubject: Re: Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum Empty2009-09-10, 14:33

Another one for the "to visit" list.
Always found the Sea Dart rather fascinating. Shame they did not let you photograph the Cutlass, not too many of those around.
Back to top Go down
STEVIEJAWS

STEVIEJAWS

PostSubject: Re: Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum Empty2009-09-10, 23:14

Andy I had found the serial on a website of preserved aircraft in the USA ( link below ) , admittedly it doesn't say the particular aircraft is at the museum but as you will no doubt of noticed I had put it in brackets , meaning that it was not confirmed as I could not find any confirmation of this serial anywhere on the web ( and I don't have any of my books on tour with me ) , just as I cannot find any confirmation of the serial you have quoted. Sorry for any confusion it may have caused for anyone. I for one would be glad of confirmation of it's identity as now there are 2 possibles and 2 unconfirmed.
http://www.coastcomp.com/av/pres/helo.htm

Last edited by STEVIEJAWS on 2009-09-10, 23:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong website listed originally , sorry.)
Back to top Go down
Andy Marden

PostSubject: Re: Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum Empty2009-09-11, 07:50

Steve,
Its c/n has been checked, so there is no doubt about its identity: 52-7833
Andy
Back to top Go down
STEVIEJAWS

STEVIEJAWS

PostSubject: Re: Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum Empty2009-09-11, 08:30

I have now corrected the serial Andy , many thanks for the confirmation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum Empty

Back to top Go down

Willow Grove NAS JRB Air Museum

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Photography & Art :: Warbirds -