New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

YAESU VR-500...WHAT DO YOU THINK???

View previous topic View next topic Go down
grahamf6

grahamf6

Spotter Watch Member : No

YAESU VR-500...WHAT DO YOU THINK??? Vide
PostSubject: YAESU VR-500...WHAT DO YOU THINK??? YAESU VR-500...WHAT DO YOU THINK??? Empty2009-09-08, 12:42

Just been offered the above for £100....does this fill the military needs or not??
Using it at the moment and listening to Warton from 10 miles away, as the crow flies.
Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation....
Back to top Go down
old_git

YAESU VR-500...WHAT DO YOU THINK??? Vide
PostSubject: Re: YAESU VR-500...WHAT DO YOU THINK??? YAESU VR-500...WHAT DO YOU THINK??? Empty2009-09-08, 14:41

Hi Graham.

i have a VR500 i use for mobile.

very good scanner with a nice fast scan rate.

seems very sensitive when i replaced the stubby rubber duck thing with a diamond RH789.

battery life may be an issue as i seemed to be changing them a lot at Fairford.

Additional software can be purchased (ADMS3) with a lead to help enter frequencies but the software is very basic but you can import files from excel.

easy enough to work but i don't like the fact that you have to hold down the function key whilst you press the function you want to activate as its a bit fiddly.

hope this helps

Geoff.
Back to top Go down

YAESU VR-500...WHAT DO YOU THINK???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Military Airband :: Scanners -