New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spotting during the days before and after Leuchars Airshow?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
ids777

Spotter Watch Member : No

Spotting during the days before and after Leuchars Airshow? Vide
PostSubject: Spotting during the days before and after Leuchars Airshow? Spotting during the days before and after Leuchars Airshow? Empty2009-09-07, 14:54

Hi All,

I have been to Leuchars Airshow many times over the years, but have only spotted at the west end of the airfield (Runnway 09?) on a couple of occasions.
I was planning on coming back to Leuchars on the Monday to watch and photograph some departures (esp. the B-52 :)
The current forecast for Monday is good with a breeze from the SE, so I was assuming they will take-off out over the sea.

Where would the regulars recommend?
Take in some jet wash spotting from the small hill to the west?
Or is it worth taking a 'hike' round to the east for the takeoff shot?

Any info welcome !

TIA

Iain
(ids777)

P.S. Any places to avoid parking?
Back to top Go down
Heidfirst

Spotting during the days before and after Leuchars Airshow? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Spotting during the days before and after Leuchars Airshow? Spotting during the days before and after Leuchars Airshow? Empty2009-09-07, 21:52

recently they have been a bit nippy about parking in the crash gate entrance.
rumour is that parking restrictions will be a lot tighter over the weekend - whether that includes Monday I don't know.
Supposedly the gate to the track around to the forest will be locked so that's going to add a fair bit to any walk to the beach.
Back to top Go down

Spotting during the days before and after Leuchars Airshow?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Airshows :: Airshows -