New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ANYTHING HAPPENING.

View previous topic View next topic Go down
typhoon4

Spotter Watch Member : no

ANYTHING HAPPENING. Vide
PostSubject: ANYTHING HAPPENING. ANYTHING HAPPENING. Empty2009-09-07, 05:34

Planning going on tour this week before leuchars, anything going on at lossie ?? Cheers
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

Spotter Watch Member : No

ANYTHING HAPPENING. Vide
PostSubject: Re: ANYTHING HAPPENING. ANYTHING HAPPENING. Empty2009-09-07, 05:47

I don't know but don't forget Joint Warrior is on from the 5th-15th of October.
Perhaps one of the locals will come along later to answer your query Cheers
Back to top Go down
onemac

onemac

ANYTHING HAPPENING. Vide
PostSubject: Re: ANYTHING HAPPENING. ANYTHING HAPPENING. Empty2009-09-07, 06:01

I don't think there's anything out of the ordinary going on this week. Monday morning is always slow but there have been a few Tonkas up so far. Will update this tomorrow when I know a bit more...

Al
Back to top Go down
Michael Leek
Michael Leek

ANYTHING HAPPENING. Vide
PostSubject: Re: ANYTHING HAPPENING. ANYTHING HAPPENING. Empty2009-09-07, 06:24

Exercise Joint Warrior 092 will be from 5 to 23 October 2009. Because of planned activity and number of participants it's been extended from the usual two weeks to three.

Quote below is from http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/AboutDefence/WhatWeDo/AirSafetyandAviation/LowFlying/LowFlyingExercisesAndEvents.htm

5/10/09 - 23/10/09 Exercise JOINT WARRIOR 09-2
LFAs 4,5,7,8,11,12,13,14,16 and17
Exercise JOINT WARRIOR 09-2 is the second exercise this year in the JOINT WARRIOR exercise programme. This programme provides a major training opportunity for UK, NATO and Coalition forces by offering a realistic scenario that enables integrated training for land, sea and air forces. The exercise will be predominantly located in northern England and Scotland. Up to 20 surface and 4 sub-surface vessels will operate in the Northwest Approaches and around the Western Isles. Air activity will include maritime and land attack together with air defence operations. Up to 40 aircraft will participate in tactical packages supported by air refueling and airborne command and control. In addition, there will be considerable maritime air activity by both fixed and rotary-wing aircraft. Participating fast-jet aircraft will include Harrier GR9 embarked on HMS Illustrious, Tornado GR4, Typhoon and Hawk. Maritime patrol aircraft from Canada, France, Germany, Norway, UK and the US will also participate together with helicopters from Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Portugal, UK and the US. Exercise flying will mostly take place on weekdays, between 1000-1230hrs and 1400-1730hrs. A small amount of night flying will take place in the second week of the exercise, there may be limited rotary-wing flying at the weekend.

Last edited by Michael Leek on 2009-09-07, 06:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelleek.co.uk
Flaps
Flaps

ANYTHING HAPPENING. Vide
PostSubject: Re: ANYTHING HAPPENING. ANYTHING HAPPENING. Empty2009-09-07, 06:28

Thanks for the revised dates Michael Cheers
Back to top Go down
typhoon4

ANYTHING HAPPENING. Vide
PostSubject: Re: ANYTHING HAPPENING. ANYTHING HAPPENING. Empty2009-09-07, 13:31

Cheers Thanks all for the replies, will be at lossie tomorrow pm + wed am.good ladys shopping permitting!!!!

P.S. had heard that J.W. had been extended to 3 weeks, will try to attend at some point, looking forward to some action, hope the weather plays ball !! Cheers
Back to top Go down
Michael Leek
Michael Leek

ANYTHING HAPPENING. Vide
PostSubject: Re: ANYTHING HAPPENING. ANYTHING HAPPENING. Empty2009-09-07, 13:45

Typhoon

If you're planning on getting in a visit for Joint Warrior, try some of the prime low level locations too, especially around Pitlochry and Glencoe. Loch Ness is likely to be used too though I've never photographed from there myself and I'm not sure you can get close enough to the aircaft, even though it is dramatic to watch fast jets going low over the Loch.
Back to top Go down
typhoon4

ANYTHING HAPPENING. Vide
PostSubject: Re: ANYTHING HAPPENING. ANYTHING HAPPENING. Empty2009-09-07, 14:02

Thanks Michael, hope to have some intresting traffic past my home town Fort William !!
Back to top Go down
typhoon4

ANYTHING HAPPENING. Vide
PostSubject: Re: ANYTHING HAPPENING. ANYTHING HAPPENING. Empty2009-09-08, 16:17

Spent half hour at a very quiet + windy lossie today.
Back to top Go down
Michael Leek
Michael Leek

ANYTHING HAPPENING. Vide
PostSubject: Re: ANYTHING HAPPENING. ANYTHING HAPPENING. Empty2009-09-08, 16:21

From where I am I could hear activity early morning (starting about 08:00hrs) but it eased off by late morning. The wind's been gusting to over 30kms per hour this afternoon and maybe this halted flying.

If you return tomorrow I hope you have better luck. The forecast is that the wind should drop substantially.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ANYTHING HAPPENING. Vide
PostSubject: Re: ANYTHING HAPPENING. ANYTHING HAPPENING. Empty

Back to top Go down

ANYTHING HAPPENING.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Scotland & Northern Ireland :: RAF Lossiemouth -