New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question

View previous topic View next topic Go down
broddr

Spotter Watch Member : no

Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Vide
PostSubject: Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Empty2009-09-06, 11:36

Hi there,

I wonder if any of you intelligent folk could give me some advice regarding Leuchars airshow 2009?

I have never been there and am not really sure of the etiquette.

Are there any rules regarding taking food and drink with you to the show?

I am not exactly rolling in cash these days (who is?) and would rather take my own, supermarket sourced, rations along with me. I am assuming that the prices of stuff bought at the airshow reflects those of other public events like £4 for chips and £2 for a coke and I can't afford those prices for my family and me.

I received my tickets a few days ago and they bear a very bold message that "BAG SEARCHES ARE MANDATORY".
I realise there is a security issue but I would really like to avoid having my bag searched and being told that I can't bring food and drink into the venue, not only for the embarrassment that would cause but mainly for the hold up for other patrons it would cause and the hassle I would have to go to to gain entry.

I have been to a few other events (not airshow) where the stewards have told me that I can't come in with a bottle of water and an apple!

I would just like to avoid the situation if there is some rule regarding bringing your own food and drink.

Also, can anyone give me any information or directions regarding on-base parking?

I bought a ticket for on-base parking but have no idea where it is or what it entails. I can find absolutely no information anywhere regarding this.

Can I return to my car during the day or is it a case of once you are through the gate you cannot leave and come back?

Where is the on-base parking?

We are all really looking forward to the show.
I have always liked aircraft, especially older military stuff (lancasters, spits etc.) and to see them in the flesh will be fantastic.
I don't know why I have never been to airshows before!

I have just checked the weather forecast which says that it will be clear skies and sunny for the 12th! Great news!

I realise that there is still a week to go and the forecast may still change but it looks good so far.

Thanks in advance for any replies and help you guys give me and I will see you all there.

Broddr
Back to top Go down
broddr

PostSubject: Re: Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Empty2009-09-06, 11:40

A P.S.

The other day I saw what looked like a Nimrod closely flanked by two F16s fly over my house at very, very low level.
If you plot a line directly from Edinburgh airport to Leuchars my house is on that line.

Do you think there were heading up to Leuchars for the airshow?

You would not believe how low these guys were flying and almost wing tip to wing tip.

A lovely little taster of what is to come on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Empty2009-09-06, 11:43

With regard to your food & drink security questions,take as much as you like,no problems at all !
Back to top Go down
Hillwalker

PostSubject: Re: Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Empty2009-09-06, 12:05

Hi broddr,

There is a PDF show map of the base. Follow this route:
www.airshow.co.uk > Exhibition & Trade > map
You can return to your car as many times as you want.

As to the food and drink question, I can't see there being a problem, we're doing the same. I'd be extremely surprised if they 'confiscated' your supplies. It's got nothing to do with being strapped, no one likes being fleeced. Hope you have a great day.
Back to top Go down
digger

digger

PostSubject: Re: Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Empty2009-09-06, 12:07

as for the car park i wood be in for 8 am the hard bit is getting out spent 3 hours one year you have not far to go enjoy Thumbs Up digger
Back to top Go down
broddr

PostSubject: Re: Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Empty2009-09-06, 14:23

Excellent.

Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
Mairi

Mairi

PostSubject: Re: Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Empty2009-09-09, 12:52

Anybody know if the parking designated for those on the Enthusiasts Package is for both the Friday and Saturday?

Mairi
Back to top Go down
Mairi

Mairi

PostSubject: Re: Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Empty2009-09-09, 13:00

I hope I can park on the base, no way i would get my car into or out of a field without doing some damage... Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question 727888 But then I'm blonde....
Back to top Go down
gamecock

gamecock

PostSubject: Re: Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Empty2009-09-09, 13:05

Mairi,

Yes you will be able to park on base Friday & Saturday, although in 2 different locations. It'll all become clear on Friday.
Back to top Go down
Mairi

Mairi

PostSubject: Re: Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Empty2009-09-09, 13:13

Great! Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question 711487 Thanks Gamecock!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question Empty

Back to top Go down

Leuchars 2009 - Food and drink / parking question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Airshows :: Airshows -