New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

signal r 512 scanner

View previous topic View next topic Go down
samrob

Spotter Watch Member : no

signal r 512 scanner Vide
PostSubject: signal r 512 scanner signal r 512 scanner Empty2009-09-06, 10:30

hi there, i have modern yupiteru 7100 scanner and recently got a signal r512 scanner at a car boot paid 4£ for it , plugged it in and works, iknow it vhf 118 _ 136 mhz scanning range. what i would like to know is the operating proceedure and how does it scan the freqs . does it have crystals ? any info and maybe a copy of operating instrutions would be great ! thanks ROB T.
Back to top Go down
dervish

PostSubject: Re: signal r 512 scanner signal r 512 scanner Empty2009-09-06, 11:55

It's an eight channel crystal controlled scanner. You can scan 1-8 channels automatically or manually select an individual channel to monitor.

Operating instructions....you don't need many!

With the auto switch in the upper position, move the channel slider controls to their lower position to exclude them from the scan.

With the auto switch in the central position scanning will be stopped. Momentarily pushing it down will manually step through the eight channels.

Last edited by dervish on 2009-09-06, 12:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
spadeadam

spadeadam

PostSubject: Re: signal r 512 scanner signal r 512 scanner Empty2009-09-07, 09:32

Try this:- http://www.radiopics.com/Signal/Signal_R-512.htm
Back to top Go down
samrob

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: signal r512 signal r 512 scanner Empty2009-09-07, 14:07

thanks , for your speedy replies , i understand that the scanner is crystal controlled , are the crystals scanning the 118 _ 136 freqs each scans a portion of the range ,also when i pickup a transmission is there anyway of knowing the freq and origin ? i live in very poor area for recieving but ran it again tonight and got several transmissions very clear. i very much appreciate the time you have spent giving me the info. ROB T
Back to top Go down
dervish

PostSubject: Re: signal r 512 scanner signal r 512 scanner Empty2009-09-07, 18:16

Rob,
You can only scan the eight frequencies determined by the specific crystals in the radio.

If you open up the case the crystals should have the frequency marked on the can. When you know the frequencies and your location it shouldn't be too difficult to work out what you are listening to.

The images and manuals on the website posted were leached from another site and are not complete, nor are they as good quality as the originals.......odd that the site owner claims copyright over material directly copied from somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: signal r 512 scanner signal r 512 scanner Empty

Back to top Go down

signal r 512 scanner

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Military Airband :: Scanners -