New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
jimi182

Spotter Watch Member : No

Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Vide
PostSubject: Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Empty2009-09-05, 16:42

I take back my comments from last week re: Portrush AirFarce.

What a day. Got there just in time for the Red Arrows. I was just above the tennis courts and the Arrows were flying right over everyone's heads. Saw the Airbus A380, Merlin, Royal Navy Sea King and lots of other gems.

Only thing I wasn't impressed with too much was the Eurofighter display. Not as good as previous years.

Cheers,

J
Back to top Go down
ringo747

ringo747

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Empty2009-09-05, 16:47

You enjoyed it?? Most folk I talked to didn't! Weather was absolutely terrible and was impossible for photos and video from ramore head. Didn't see all the fuss about the a380 but maybe thats cause I have seen it a few times at heathrow. Typhoon and hawk displays were rubbish - way too far out to sea. Reds as good as always but disappointed I couldn't even focus the camcorder on them!
Back to top Go down
jimi182

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Empty2009-09-05, 16:51

Yea I did enjoy it.

I was at Ramore Head to. It was very very windy. But it didn't rain all day and the cloud base wasn't that low. I've been to previous Portrush Airshows and the weather had been much worse. If you're anywhere else you will not see much. That's why I wish they'd take the NI airshow back to Ards. At least everyone got a decent view of the displays there, as long as the weather would hold up.

J
Back to top Go down
ringo747

ringo747

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Empty2009-09-05, 17:09

Was the NI Airshow and Newtonards airshow not two separate things? As far as I know it is still on every year.
Back to top Go down
daffy duck

daffy duck

Spotter Watch Member : nope

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Empty2009-09-05, 17:28

The airshows at newtownards are only on some years not all the time
Sad Crying
Back to top Go down
Steve

Steve

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Empty2009-09-06, 10:39

wasn't a bad show apart from the eurofighter and hawk displays which were very very poor.

The wind definately did make photography difficult from ramore but at least it was dry!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.stephencaldwell.co.uk
eigjb

eigjb

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Empty2009-09-06, 16:40

A fine selection of photos taken at Portrush on Saturday by a friend of mine:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24101413@N03/sets/72157622143822945/
Back to top Go down
jimi182

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Empty2009-09-07, 06:03

Thanks for the pics. They're excellent.

Ringo... the Ards airshow last happened in 2006 I think. Before that it did run as well as the Portrush one.

I think they should move the Portrush one. Unless you're at Ramore Head, you don't see very much. Maybe move the International Airshow to Ards? Or even the International Airport. I think they ran airshows back in the late 80's and very early 90's.

J
Back to top Go down
daffy duck

daffy duck

Spotter Watch Member : nope

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Empty2009-09-07, 13:21

I think that the last newtonards airshow was all right.
I was a bit sad when the seaking did'nt come but
a good look around the royal navy lynx cheered me up😢Wow
Back to top Go down
casper

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Empty2009-09-27, 04:18

The reason that the displays were so far out was that the two buoys that were put in the bay as the display line were 'moved' out a further 200 yards by the wind and tide. Due to the conditions they couldn't be brought back in until Sunday morning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did anyone go to the NI Internation Airshow?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Scotland & Northern Ireland :: RAF Aldergrove -