New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Busy Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down
gwillia1

Spotter Watch Member : No

Busy Day Vide
PostSubject: Busy Day Busy Day Empty2009-09-04, 13:32

Lots of activity today, not sure what was going on, but in the circuit today we had:

Either a Typhoon or the Grippen in the morning (was a bit far away by the time I got outside)
A Tornado
The same Tornado doing the circuit together with a large airliner-type craft. DC8?
A Hawk

Not sure if this is related to the flying club or not.

G.
Back to top Go down
liamLyneham

liamLyneham

Spotter Watch Member : no

Busy Day Vide
PostSubject: Re: Busy Day Busy Day Empty2009-09-05, 01:19

The DC8 and The Tornado woere having a barney about who was landiong first.. hence the couple of circuits both were doing. Tornado is parked on bay 25 along with a hawk. theres a mini familys day today, not sure what section it is thought, there is no flying display planned.

Unsure of the typhoon/grippen shaped aircraft you mentioned... Theres been an Alphajet doing circuits recently.

been given no times for the gripen unfortunatly. They have their own handling team so i wont be seeing much of it Crying But will go and have a nose at it in hanger tonight :) no photos though im afraid.
Back to top Go down
gwillia1

Spotter Watch Member : No

Busy Day Vide
PostSubject: Re: Busy Day Busy Day Empty2009-09-05, 02:59

Cheers Liam, always good to get a bit of background detail on what we see overhead, especially when it's something a bit unusual.

The delta-wing jet just took off to the south, went around half the circuit then headed off north. Wasn't an Alpha, definitely some sort of delta profile, but I'm not sure what.

Thanks again,
G.
Back to top Go down
liamLyneham

liamLyneham

Spotter Watch Member : no

Busy Day Vide
PostSubject: Re: Busy Day Busy Day Empty2009-09-05, 03:07

can only assume that is the grippen then, as its handling itself without us :(. As i left work this morning i checked flight plan, we had no fighter sized aircraft due in or out today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Busy Day Vide
PostSubject: Re: Busy Day Busy Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Busy Day

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Wales & South West & Home Counties :: RAF Lyneham -