New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RAF Leuchars 2009 info

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Flaps
Flaps

Spotter Watch Member : No

RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-08-26, 12:51

That's great news Crizz,thankyou Cheers
Back to top Go down
Iain S

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-08-26, 13:05

Crizz wrote:
I can confirm 2x F-16(AM/BM) from 322 Squadron that will attent to the static.

Thank you for the info. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Is J-876 still in special marks????
Back to top Go down
Truly55

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-08-27, 05:44

Leeming's Families Day is same day and often picks up Leuchars traffic en route. Wish I'd booked my Santa Pod tickets for the Sunday now and not the Saturday. Sad
Back to top Go down
Trembler111

Trembler111

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-08-27, 16:28

Leuchars is looking brilliant!! Wow
Is it bad to be excited now? Laughing
Bring on Leuchars!! Clap Clap

Jamie
Back to top Go down
Spirit of Kitty Hawk

Spirit of Kitty Hawk

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-08-27, 16:30

Bring it on!!! But how can I make it... Unsure/Confused
Back to top Go down
Ben Montgomery
Ben Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-08-28, 02:46

Yeah, same with me Sam. I'd love to go, but it's just so far away!

Ben
Back to top Go down
http://www.ramaphotography.co.uk
bolty

bolty

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-08-28, 02:55

Line up is too good to miss Clap I'll be up there some point from on friday. Roughly 8 hour car journey from south lincs Laughing
Back to top Go down
Spirit of Kitty Hawk

Spirit of Kitty Hawk

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-08-28, 05:21

If the Train didn't cost so darn much i'd do it like that but unless you go on holiday up there when its on, its like a flat out 24 hour drive there & back Shock & that just can't be done!
Back to top Go down
Ben Montgomery
Ben Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-08-28, 06:42

How much is a train ticket? I havn't dared to look!

Ben
Back to top Go down
http://www.ramaphotography.co.uk
Spirit of Kitty Hawk

Spirit of Kitty Hawk

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-08-28, 07:00

Don't know the exact costs but its pricey; was going to work it all out tonight anyway so will post it when i've worked it out
Back to top Go down
Crizz

Crizz

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-08-28, 07:01

Quote :
Is J-876 still in special marks????
Unfortunately it isn't anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aimhigh.nl
rossevenil

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-08-28, 07:28

Spirit of Kitty Hawk wrote:
If the Train didn't cost so darn much i'd do it like that but unless you go on holiday up there when its on, its like a flat out 24 hour drive there & back Shock & that just can't be done!

Funnily enough lots of us up here have to do that for Fairford and pretty much any other airshow that comes along.

We used to leave for the Mildenhall Air Fetes on the Friday evening at 7pm and arrive at Cambridge at 5am on the Saturday morning by Scheduled bus service! Wow
And in those days National Express ran from a bus stop over the road from Mickeys to London and then use a standby ticket to fly home from LHR! Oh what a fun weekend that used to be Clap
Back to top Go down
bolty

bolty

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-08-28, 07:59

TheOriginalMonty wrote:
How much is a train ticket? I havn't dared to look!

Ben

Train line quoted me £109.50 from Peterborough to Dundee return, thats going on Friday returning Sunday last time i looked but if you keep checking you can get some great bargins.

Missed out on the £35 fare each way Crying
Back to top Go down
Iain S

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-08-28, 12:18

rossevenil wrote:

Funnily enough lots of us up here have to do that for Fairford and pretty much any other airshow that comes along.

We used to leave for the Mildenhall Air Fetes on the Friday evening at 7pm and arrive at Cambridge at 5am on the Saturday morning by Scheduled bus service! Wow
And in those days National Express ran from a bus stop over the road from Mickeys to London and then use a standby ticket to fly home from LHR! Oh what a fun weekend that used to be Clap

Well said Ross, spent many many long hours travelling down south!! Seen us leave Friday night to RIAT sleep in car on Saturday night then back home on Sunday night/Monday morning after 2 big days. Also the treks to the Hall, long drives but worth it.

Sure you have heard of travel lodges!! Break the journey up nicely.

At least we dont have far to go eh Ross Wink Thumbs Up

Last edited by Iain S on 2009-08-28, 12:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iain S

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-08-28, 12:19

Crizz wrote:
Quote :
Is J-876 still in special marks????
Unfortunately it isn't anymore.

Thanks for the info, look forward to seeing them arrive. Hopefully in sunshine Wink Big Grin
Back to top Go down
landshark208

landshark208

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-08-28, 12:29

Iain S wrote:
rossevenil wrote:

Well said Ross, spent many many long hours travelling down south!! Seen us leave Friday night to RIAT sleep in car on Saturday night then back home on Sunday night/Monday morning after 2 big days. Also the treks to the Hall, long drives but worth it.

To say nothing of those coach journeys to Mildenhall with some Kamikaze coach driver at the helm ! Whistle

See ya soon,Alan, Cheers
Back to top Go down
Iain S

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-08-28, 12:43

landshark208 wrote:
Iain S wrote:
rossevenil wrote:

To say nothing of those coach journeys to Mildenhall with some Kamikaze coach driver at the helm ! Whistle

See ya soon,Alan, Cheers

Oh and who could forget them Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Clap
Back to top Go down
Spirit of Kitty Hawk

Spirit of Kitty Hawk

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-08-28, 16:24

For me its £250+ for a return, thats with 4 train changes. So deffinetely a no Glare
Back to top Go down
Heidfirst

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-09-01, 19:36

no cheap Ryanair/Easyjet etc. flights to Edinburgh & back?
Back to top Go down
gary lees

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-09-02, 06:07

Heidfirst wrote:
no cheap Ryanair/Easyjet etc. flights to Edinburgh & back?

I don`t know but there are load`s to Poland,you should of gone to Radom last week Laughing
Back to top Go down
laserbrain

laserbrain

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-09-06, 14:17

I'm going up this Thursday,from NE Lincolnshire, 1st time to the base. Is it spotter friendly ?? Any suggestions for were to spot from on the Friday ? Camera frendly area would be best. Any help much appreciated.

cheers
Back to top Go down
GOOSE
GOOSE

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-09-06, 14:20

It's all runway dependant, but the raised part of the banking on the road from Guardbridge to the camp is always popular. If looking at a map it's just to the east of the railway station.

Just off the A919. Food and drink is available from the Spar in Leuchars village, about a 7 minute walk from the end of the runway. Just keep walking past camp and bear left at the church.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
laserbrain

laserbrain

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-09-06, 14:48

Thanks, do you know if the local Post Office is still selling tickets? I'm a bit late to buy online. If not I'll just pay on the gate.

Are the frequencies listed still current, goose?

Looking at the map on tomtom I'm seeing road names like gordon road and earlshall road, is this close?
Back to top Go down
Trembler111

Trembler111

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-09-06, 15:39

Im looking at being at the Runway on Thursday afternoon and Friday for the day, how many people from here are palnning on being at the runway? Wandering if I will meet any fellow FCers Smile

Jamie
Back to top Go down
Durranhill

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty2009-09-06, 17:05

My 1st post Thumbs Up , i will be up at Leuchars late wed afternoon as i hope to spend the morning at spadeadam b4 travelling up so i may see some of you there later in the week.

For those going to leuchars for the 1st time google leuchars on maps & click on satellite in the top rh corner , the best viewing area is the green field between Main st and the A919 , for car parking on friday when it get's busy use Station rd between the station & the Toll rd junction - less chance of being moved by the Polis Mad + for those with a big lens it is also ideal for photos as you have plenty of time to see the aircraft as they overfly the runway .
The Spar Goose mentioned is at the top of Main st opp the junction with school hill.

Regards Stewart .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RAF Leuchars 2009 info RAF Leuchars 2009 info - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

RAF Leuchars 2009 info

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 3 of 4 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Airshows :: Airshows -