New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury

View previous topic View next topic Go down
dinger

dinger

Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Vide
PostSubject: Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Empty2009-09-01, 10:50

I was extremelly fortunate to be given permission to photograph the preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury recently. Thankfully, on the day I chose to visit, the sun was playing ball and the A-10 was bathed in sunshine. Here are a few images from my visit.

Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury _MG_6094_edited-1

Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury _MG_6085_edited-1

Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury _MG_6102_edited-1

Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury _MG_6105_edited-1

Many thanks to the Public Affairs team at RAF Alconbury who made the day possible.

Dinger
Back to top Go down
Roughcutter

Roughcutter

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Empty2009-09-01, 11:27

Lovely shots Dinger, not seen that old girl since the last open day there in 93. Smile
What a bloody awful paint scheme, what the hell have they done to her? Shock
Back to top Go down
PX367

Spotter Watch Member : nope

PostSubject: Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Empty2009-09-01, 14:12

lovely pics,but what a waste of a good plane .would have been a good one to have on the airshow circuit Wow
Back to top Go down
awacsfan

awacsfan

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Empty2009-09-01, 14:33

Nice pictures but the paint scheme looks kind of weird if I may say so.
Back to top Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Empty2009-09-01, 15:37

I do hope that one day she can one day go to Bentwaters....
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
smileysnake

smileysnake

PostSubject: Re: Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Empty2009-09-01, 16:30

Yuk! Looks like it's been attacked with poster paints! Confused
What a crime!
Anyone up for a bit of tasteful vandalism? Get the spray cans ready!
Only question is grey or euro theatre green?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cerr.co.uk
F106dart

PostSubject: Re: Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Empty2009-09-01, 17:52

What the @#&* Did the C&D's attck Alconbury again. (Not sure I spelled that right.) That is just gross
Back to top Go down
dinger

dinger

PostSubject: Re: Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Empty2009-09-02, 02:09

Thanks for the comments fellas. I have to agree that the colour scheme is a bit extreme, however, it was a pleasure to photograph as there are few obstructions in the way and its another A-10 ticked off the list.

Dinger.
Back to top Go down
ghaynes

ghaynes

PostSubject: Re: Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Empty2009-09-02, 02:16

Street Hawk wrote:
I do hope that one day she can one day go to Bentwaters....

....where it would be re-sprayed straight away in authentic colours and markings!
That is an apalling paint job on an aircraft that is supposedly part of a memorial to those members of the 10th TFW who served in Desert Storm.
Regards.

Graham
Back to top Go down
http://www.ghaynes.supanet.com/Intro.html
Flying figgis

Flying figgis

Spotter Watch Member : Yes I am!

PostSubject: Re: Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Empty2009-09-02, 02:27

Agreed, what a terrible colour scheme! Obviously used as a nursery children's art project!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.yourstressmanager.co.uk
lowlevel

lowlevel

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Empty2009-09-02, 05:20

Looks like it's been spray painted by Banksy (the graffiti artist)...like mentioned,would be super to have an A10 on the display circuit.
Back to top Go down
St. John

St. John

PostSubject: Re: Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Empty2009-09-02, 06:02

looks like they couldn't decide which colour scheme to use so just went for them all together.

Still, it brings back happy days of fishing on the Trent at Newark and watching these beutiful birds passing over.
Back to top Go down
vulcan558
vulcan558

PostSubject: Re: Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Empty2009-09-03, 01:53

Looks like they have a mix of every color scheme that the unit as worn,
does look odd but there method in the madness .
Back to top Go down
TankBuster

TankBuster

PostSubject: Re: Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Empty2009-09-04, 00:01

Who ever painted that needs to be taught a lesson Mad .

Its nice to see that the canopy is still clear to see through, as quite often with aircraft left in the open they go all frosted & manky.

I agree that it should go to the Bentwaters museum, where it would be very well looked after.

TankBuster
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury Empty

Back to top Go down

Preserved A-10 at RAF Alconbury

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Photography & Art :: Warbirds -