New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What to progress to???????

View previous topic View next topic Go down
197cup

197cup

What to progress to??????? Vide
PostSubject: What to progress to??????? What to progress to??????? Empty2009-08-31, 04:59

Hello everyone after some advice really
i had a choice really buy an exhaust system for my car which would be about 1k or put it towards my camera.
i have at the minute a canon 400d with a sigma 50-500 lense.
What would be best for me to progress to?
I thought about buying a new camera body like the new 500d or a 40d but then i thought it might be the case that body is only ever as good as the lense, is this true?
I have a budget of 1-1.5k, Thanks Cheers
Back to top Go down
Grahame W

Grahame W

PostSubject: Re: What to progress to??????? What to progress to??????? Empty2009-08-31, 07:28

With that sort of budget, you're laughing! I bought a 40D about a year ago from Ian Kerr and I'm very pleased with it. It's a big advance over my old 10D (which I still use). I have no experience of the 400D, so can't comment on that. I've had a Sigma 50-500mm for several years, and still like it, although I know a number of photographers swear by the Canon 100-400mm, so you may like to look at that. The current price for a 100-400mm is around £1000, but if you shop around you may get it for less. Email Ian, he may be able to give you a good price.

PS, what sort of car have you got with a £1000 exhaust????
Back to top Go down
197cup

197cup

PostSubject: Re: What to progress to??????? What to progress to??????? Empty2009-08-31, 07:42

Thanks for your help Cheers , it'd be a miltek for my clio 197 with ecu chipped
Back to top Go down
gazzer4444

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: What to progress to??????? What to progress to??????? Empty2009-09-02, 17:26

197cup wrote:
Thanks for your help Cheers , it'd be a miltek for my clio 197 with ecu chipped

Decat or sport cat?
Back to top Go down
vulcan558
vulcan558

PostSubject: Re: What to progress to??????? What to progress to??????? Empty2009-09-03, 02:01

Would stick with the set up you have ,
a very capable system you have at present and something to master.
learn the pittfalls and down sides to that system and then look at what will compensate
the pitfalls. this will give you a better idea of what you need.

If you are itching to throw Money at the matter then go for the new Canon 7D or a 2nd hand 1D series body and some serious L glass. or jump ship and look at some of the Nikon gear.
Back to top Go down
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: What to progress to??????? What to progress to??????? Empty2009-09-03, 03:11

I used to love my 400d, but decided to upgrade to the 40d to see what all the hype was about. The 40d does feel better in your hands and the autofocus is faster, however what you need to ask yourself is why are you unhappy with the 400d? IF your really determined to spend money on camera gear i'd look at lenses, using "L" glass does make a difference even on a 400d.

The only reason im considering another body upgrade is purely because I have the lenses I want and im happy with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to progress to??????? What to progress to??????? Empty

Back to top Go down

What to progress to???????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Photography & Art :: Photography Discussion -