New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Editing photos on laptops

View previous topic View next topic Go down
lblake

lblake

Spotter Watch Member : no

Editing photos on laptops Vide
PostSubject: Editing photos on laptops Editing photos on laptops Empty2009-08-26, 15:04

I often see people write on here and the other major forums, saying 'please excuse the photos, they've been edited on a laptop'

What is that supposed to mean, i know i dont bang out top quality photos 100% of the time, so is this where im going wrong? I mean ive always had a laptop and they the only things ive used for the past 5yrs to edit my pics on, oh ive never calibrated the thing either!!!!!!

Should i buy a tower pc and a desk or should i carry on plugging away with laptop and hope my pics look ok after ive edited them?
Back to top Go down
SteveS
SteveS

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Editing photos on laptops Editing photos on laptops Empty2009-08-26, 15:08

It means when people are used to editing pictures on a desktop, it can suddenly become a lot harder to do the same process on a lap-top, ie/sans mouse.

I know I finder it a lot harder to do simple things like level the horizon and work with a smaller screen that usual, so that's the reason I add that when I'm away from the desk. May be different if you permanently use a lap-top

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.runwayphotography.co.uk
ringo747

ringo747

PostSubject: Re: Editing photos on laptops Editing photos on laptops Empty2009-08-26, 15:11

My suggestion would be that alot of laptops have those glossy screens which are said to be harder to get colours right on. I know my laptop screens certainly have different colour calibration to a desktop. My 2p worth.
Back to top Go down
lblake

lblake

PostSubject: Re: Editing photos on laptops Editing photos on laptops Empty2009-08-26, 15:12

Ah right cheers Steve, i thought maybe they meant the pic quality was poorer on a laptop

Ive never thought about your point, id be lost without me touchpad

Smile
Back to top Go down
Ben Montgomery
Ben Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: Editing photos on laptops Editing photos on laptops Empty2009-08-26, 15:18

Im on a laptop only too, and the editing seems to be OK (dont know what it looks like to other though!)

Ben
Back to top Go down
http://www.ramaphotography.co.uk
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: Editing photos on laptops Editing photos on laptops Empty2009-08-26, 16:44

I struggle to know if my laptop screen is at the right angle regarding lighting/contrast/colours of the shot.

Thats why I always apologise if they are not right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vividmule.com
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Editing photos on laptops Editing photos on laptops Empty2009-08-26, 17:03

Dunk is right on why people excuse the quality if using a laptop.
If your head is just slightly out of the optimum angle of seeing the screen in all its glory (right colour, right brightness) then you have a risk of editing your photos incorrectly and thus others viewing may see them different to how you did when processing them.
You have to be spot on with where your eyes are in regards to the laptop monitor to get the quality just right.

Whereas... a Desktop monitor has no issues, no matter where your head is, it's still the same colour/brightness.
Back to top Go down
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: Editing photos on laptops Editing photos on laptops Empty2009-08-26, 23:26

Another thing to bear in mind is I use a laptop and a netbook. Im used to editing on the laptop, but the netbooks screen while fine for browsing the net isnt ideal for editing photos on - the images look extra jaggie even when they are not.
Back to top Go down
Joe

Joe

PostSubject: Re: Editing photos on laptops Editing photos on laptops Empty2009-08-27, 13:11

I have used both my laptop and my desktops and I personally Find It Easier and I get better result using a desktop. I have got a graphics tablet with I suppose could be similar to a touchpad which makes its much easier and more precise for touching up and general editing. Thats my view anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Editing photos on laptops Editing photos on laptops Empty

Back to top Go down

Editing photos on laptops

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Photography & Art :: Photography Discussion -