New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Friday 28th

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Miramar

Friday 28th Vide
PostSubject: Friday 28th Friday 28th Empty2009-08-26, 13:50

May have the opportunity to spend a few hours at Warton on Friday afternoon - not being a local, just wondering if there if there is likely to be any action ?

Dave
Back to top Go down
Trembler1

Trembler1

Friday 28th Vide
PostSubject: Re: Friday 28th Friday 28th Empty2009-08-26, 15:16

Friday, normally get one of the Nims in or out. Can be fairly busy if the weather is ok. Warton is always hit and miss
Back to top Go down
Miramar

Friday 28th Vide
PostSubject: Re: Friday 28th Friday 28th Empty2009-08-27, 12:26

Thanks. Will give it a go for a couple of hours if the weather plays ball.

Dave
Back to top Go down
PLuKE

PLuKE

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

Friday 28th Vide
PostSubject: Re: Friday 28th Friday 28th Empty2009-08-27, 14:06

Went down today and was fairly quite. But i went down last Friday and there wasnt much happening, Just to Tiffs that went out on delivery in morning if my memory serves me right. If its fine will try and get down tomorrow to. Give me a heads up will be in a silver Seat Ibiza on the mound.

Luke
Back to top Go down
Jenky

Jenky

Friday 28th Vide
PostSubject: Re: Friday 28th Friday 28th Empty2009-08-27, 14:13

Miramar wrote:
May have the opportunity to spend a few hours at Warton on Friday afternoon - not being a local, just wondering if there if there is likely to be any action ?

Dave

No set pattern in stone but Fridays can often be a winding down day.
The Nimrod been going up more often that not on a Friday recently and its not unusual to see it returning as late as 17:45hrs.
Equally a few Typhoons have departed on delivery to the RAF in the past few years on a friday after lunch.
A good indicator will be whats parked outside when you get there.

If using the 'beggers can't be choosers' method i'd avoid Monday Mornings and Friday Afternoons - however you could get gems on each.
Back to top Go down
60163tornado

Spotter Watch Member : no

Friday 28th Vide
PostSubject: Fridays Log 28,8.09. Friday 28th Empty2009-08-28, 08:13

A Quiet Friday apart from MRA4 Nimrod ZJ 516 up twice 11am as Avro 3 land 13.00. 14.18pm same
Nimrod as Avro 4. Stampede 1&2 in Hawks ZK 022 & 024 off at 12.30pm spinning trials off Irish Coast, after 30minutes request to Warton for Radar heading RTB Valley.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Friday 28th Vide
PostSubject: Re: Friday 28th Friday 28th Empty

Back to top Go down

Friday 28th

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: North West :: BAES Warton -