New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RAMA's over France ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
philw

Spotter Watch Member : No

RAMA's over France ? Vide
PostSubject: RAMA's over France ? RAMA's over France ? Empty2009-08-25, 07:00

Hi All,
I was recently on Holiday on the French Atlantic coast near St Jean-de-Monts in the Vendee Region.
During the second week of the holiday, 10th - 16th August, I noticed during one afternoon 2 fair sized aircraft at high level (Vapour trails) in formation heading roughly North. I'm just not sure what day it was.
Having looked at a couple of the RAMA threads, I'm wondering if these aircraft were possibly a couple of B1's heading North to refuel off Lands End?
Is this likely or do they route elsewhere over France when heading to/from Theatre?
I didn't really give them much attention and I am kicking myself now.
This is roughly the location of where we were.
Latitude = 46.7389, Longitude = -2.0056
Cheers
Phil
Back to top Go down
Ben Montgomery
Ben Montgomery

PostSubject: Re: RAMA's over France ? RAMA's over France ? Empty2009-08-25, 07:11

Could well have been - we had RAMA 52 in at Mildenhall on 13-14th.

There were another two transiting the other way (i think East-West) that could have been the ones you saw.

Ben
Back to top Go down
http://www.ramaphotography.co.uk
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: RAMA's over France ? RAMA's over France ? Empty2009-08-25, 07:16

They use Nantes as a waypoint for their transits. But when westbound route further north towards the English Channel.

So, what you saw were probably B-1Bs. Pity you had no radio with you!
Back to top Go down
philw

PostSubject: Re: RAMA's over France ? RAMA's over France ? Empty2009-08-25, 07:42

Thanks for the replies.
What with Nantes being just up the road from me at the time, it does kind of make sense.
They were heading North(ish).....my assumtion being on where the sun came up from and went down and the big ocean being a bit of a giveaway as to where West was. Big Grin

I wish I'd have known that before I went on holiday, then I'd have been "tooled" up with Bins and a Radio.

Hoping to go back to the same place next year....i'll be more attentive that time.

Cheers,
Phil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RAMA's over France ? RAMA's over France ? Empty

Back to top Go down

RAMA's over France ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Rest of the World :: Rest of the World -