New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bargain, anyone interested?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Roughcutter

Roughcutter

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

Bargain, anyone interested? Vide
PostSubject: Bargain, anyone interested? Bargain, anyone interested? Empty2009-08-23, 12:04

Came across this advert;
http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=611&sd=acc
Also free delivery Wink
Very tempted!

MarkL
Back to top Go down
steve kingdon

Spotter Watch Member : yes

PostSubject: Simplyelectronics Bargain, anyone interested? Empty2009-08-23, 16:03

Hi All

I'm never sure about some of thes sites, I must admitt I am tempted by the cheap prices to buy something myself, has anyone out there used this company at all and if yes what were they like?

TIA

Steve
Bargain, anyone interested? 809599
Back to top Go down
Zebrdee

Zebrdee

PostSubject: Re: Bargain, anyone interested? Bargain, anyone interested? Empty2009-08-24, 02:15

These might be grey imports meaning they don't have UK warranty but you'd have to ask before you buy.
http://camerapricebuster.co.uk/prod37.html
Back to top Go down
Roughcutter

Roughcutter

PostSubject: Re: Bargain, anyone interested? Bargain, anyone interested? Empty2009-08-24, 10:08

Personally I've had no problems with Simply Electronics, bought a 400D from them about three years ago, it arrived within the week of me ordering it and the camera was fine.

Here's a forum of satisfied/disatisfied customers, hope this helps;
http://www.avforums.com/forums/camcorders-video-editing/739921-simply-electronics.html

I think the main complaint is delayed orders an lack of comunication, but this was last summer judging by the dates.
If you do decide to take the plunge and order from these people, I would advise that you pay by credit card, at least you would have some protection.
MarkL
Back to top Go down
Roughcutter

Roughcutter

PostSubject: Re: Bargain, anyone interested? Bargain, anyone interested? Empty2009-09-15, 14:35

Just a quick update, I took the plunge and ordered a lens from these people, it arrived this morning (via DHL) and I'm absolutely delighted with it. My only hangup was that my order took about three weeks to come through inspite of their claim that it would only take 3 - 10 working days to process, however during that time I had no problem contacting them. But inspite of the delay I cannot complain as the delivery was free. That is my personal experience with them.
I'm not going to recomend this company to anyone, maybe I was lucky, maybe they've managed to polish up their act? I don't know, I suppose every case is different.
But as I've said before if anyone decides to order from this company then I advise you use a credit card, that way at least there is some cover.
Cheers, Mark
Back to top Go down
Box Brownie

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Bargain, anyone interested? Bargain, anyone interested? Empty2009-09-15, 15:25

An eBay trader called Kerso is very good. I bought my 24-105 and 40D grip from him.

He has a presence on a couple of web fora I also attend.
Back to top Go down
The Bossman

The Bossman

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Bargain, anyone interested? Bargain, anyone interested? Empty2009-09-15, 17:31

If anyone is interested there is a really great Camera shop in Sunderland called Charles Eagles & Son. I buy all my gear from them. Prices are as good if not better than anyone else. I have just priced a Nikon D90 body on line and its the cheapest I've found at £648. Plus they do part ex as well and have a good stock of second hand gear. Worth looking online and giving them a phone. If he has not got what you want in stock then he will get it for you. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
http://www.deansphoto.co.uk
gamecock

gamecock

PostSubject: Re: Bargain, anyone interested? Bargain, anyone interested? Empty2009-09-16, 11:36

Chas Eagles is still going? I remember my Dad buying a Pentax ME Super in there about 25 years ago.
Back to top Go down
The Bossman

The Bossman

PostSubject: Re: Bargain, anyone interested? Bargain, anyone interested? Empty2009-09-16, 11:57

Yes they are still going strong. Charles Snr will be in his 80s now but he shows up on a Saturday now and then. His son Brian and Grandson Charlie Jnr now run the shop. It is the best photo dealer I know. I've dealt with them over 32 years now. I could walk in there tomorrow and borrow, without charge, anything I wanted. That is what I call service. They will always try to match any price as well. Worth looking them up if you need gear. Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.deansphoto.co.uk
Aquila

Aquila

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Bargain, anyone interested? Bargain, anyone interested? Empty2009-09-17, 09:50

Bought my Canon 100-400L from this lot, and have now ordered a 17-55 f2.8 both at really good prices. First order arrived quickly, well packaged and with full warrantee. Latest order only 3 days old, so we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bargain, anyone interested? Bargain, anyone interested? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bargain, anyone interested?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Photography & Art :: Photography Discussion -