New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

duxford american day

View previous topic View next topic Go down
royals1871

Spotter Watch Member : no

duxford american day Vide
PostSubject: duxford american day duxford american day Empty2009-08-20, 07:47

Hi thinking of taking a trip over to the show,anyone been before? is it worth it? how much stuff is there static or flying.
was hoping to pick up some talon related merch to. chris
Back to top Go down
Pen Pusher

Pen Pusher

PostSubject: Re: duxford american day duxford american day Empty2009-08-20, 07:57

Copied and pasted from the Duxford Web

Quote :

Timetable of Events
10.00am – 3.00pm Meet Colonel Richard H Graham (retired), former SR-71 Blackbird pilot, next to the SR-71 Blackbird in the American Air Museum.
10.30 & 1.30pm Complimentary guided tours of Airspace (meet in the AirSpace foyer) by the Duxford Associates.
10.30am & 1.30pm Complimentary guided tours of Hangar 4 (meet by the Bristol Fighter) by the Duxford Associates.
10.30am & 1.30pm USAFE Military Working Dog Demonstrations (between Land Warfare Hall and the American Air Museum).
11.00am MC-130P and Guardian Angel parachute jump demonstration (airfield).
11.30am & 2.40pm Honor Guard: Missing in Action and Prisoner of War Ceremony (American Air Museum).
12 noon, 2.00pm & 4.15pm USAFE Rock Band Touch ‘n’ Go (next to Wing Co Joe’s Cafe).
1.00pm HH-60G and F-15E combat search and rescue demonstration (airfield).
2.50pm Flag Presentation by USAFE to Imperial War Museum Duxford (American Air Museum).
3.00pm F-15E and KC-135 flypasts (airfield).
3.30pm Duxford warbirds aerial display – to include B-17 Flying Fortress Sally B, P-51 Mustang, F-86 Sabre, L4 Cub and Boeing Stearman (airfield).
5.15pm MC-130P and HH-60G departure & flypast (airfield)
6.00pm Museum closes
Static Displays and Attractions
Also on the day look out for many more displays and attractions, including the chance to walk through USAFE aircraft, including the HH-60G Pave Hawk and MC-130P Combat Shadow; a display of American cars and motorbikes; Security Forces Squadron display, including vehicles and weapons and much more!
On the day ticket prices
Child (15 years or under) FREE
Adult (16 - 59 years) £18.00
Senior (60 years or over) £14.40
Student £14.40
Unemployed £9.00
Adult, Senior, Student - disabled £10.80
Carer (one per disabled visitor) FREE
Friends of Duxford Adult £14.40
Friends of Duxford Senior £11.50
Special 20% group discounts are also available.
Opening times
Gates open at 10.00am and the Museum closes at 6.00pm.
American Air Day Programme
Download the programme prior to the event to find out about all great activities on the day. The programme will be given to every visitor free of charge on the day of the event.

Last year a lot of the Squadrons had little stalls selling T-shirts/Badges etc.

Brian
Back to top Go down
http://brianamarshall.fotopic.net/
SteveS
SteveS

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: duxford american day duxford american day Empty2009-08-20, 08:09

Good to see SallyB is back in the air, let's hope the rest of the season goes smoothly for them

Steve
Back to top Go down
http://www.runwayphotography.co.uk
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: duxford american day duxford american day Empty2009-08-21, 13:35

Great show, relaxed atmosphere, no hassle in, or out - almost perfect. Throw in one or two more powerful displays and you'd have the lot. I thought it was a superb day out. My 5 year old Nephew didn't say 'I'm bored' once, and there wasn't even a sodding fun fair - thank godness. Well done Duxford/USAF.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
jonniered

jonniered

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: duxford american day duxford american day Empty2009-08-21, 13:43

Cool avatar Pete
Back to top Go down
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: duxford american day duxford american day Empty2009-08-21, 14:28

Pete wrote:
Great show, relaxed atmosphere, no hassle in, or out - almost perfect. Throw in one or two more powerful displays and you'd have the lot. I thought it was a superb day out. My 5 year old Nephew didn't say 'I'm bored' once, and there wasn't even a sodding fun fair - thank godness. Well done Duxford/USAF.

Cheers

Agreed, I really wasnt sure what to expect but it was fantastic! In particular the Mc130 and HH-60 refueling flypast, photos to follow tomorrow after ive had some sleep Cheers
Back to top Go down
Pete

Pete

PostSubject: Re: duxford american day duxford american day Empty2009-08-22, 05:41

I look forward to seeing those photo's. The light on the final pass looked ideal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: duxford american day duxford american day Empty

Back to top Go down

duxford american day

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Airshows :: Airshows -