New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky

View previous topic View next topic Go down
b0nd08

b0nd08

Spotter Watch Member : No

my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky Vide
PostSubject: my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky Empty2009-08-16, 16:43

i went up mildenhall today as per usual, turned my scanner on and i couldnt hear transmissions properly, it keeps cutting out badly and is no where near understandable which makes it pretty much useless!
ive only had it since early june and used it no more than 10 times, i spoke to theorigionalmonty at the hall and he said it could well be the speaker thats gone, just looking to see if anyone else has had this problem with it and/or any other thoughts on what it could be. cheers!
Back to top Go down
MikeB
Admin
Admin
MikeB

PostSubject: Re: my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky Empty2009-08-16, 16:48

b0nd08 wrote:
i went up mildenhall today as per usual, turned my scanner on and i couldnt hear transmissions properly, it keeps cutting out badly and is no where near understandable which makes it pretty much useless!
ive only had it since early june and used it no more than 10 times, i spoke to theorigionalmonty at the hall and he said it could well be the speaker thats gone, just looking to see if anyone else has had this problem with it and/or any other thoughts on what it could be. cheers!

A good way to test if it's your speaker is to plug some headphones into it. Is your problem continuous breaking in the transmission? - Try changing your close call setting to DND (However, that shouldn't make transmissions unreadable).
Back to top Go down
http://www.UnbrokenPhotography.co.uk
b0nd08

b0nd08

PostSubject: Re: my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky Empty2009-08-16, 16:52

cheers for that Smile i shall pick up some headphones tomorrow and give it a go Smile

yeah its constantly breaking but the only time ive touched the settings etc is to put freq's in like renaming them etc. last time i used it, it worked perfect but for some reason it doesnt now. damn thing! Tired
Back to top Go down
MikeB
Admin
Admin
MikeB

PostSubject: Re: my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky Empty2009-08-16, 16:55

b0nd08 wrote:
yeah its constantly breaking but the only time ive touched the settings etc is to put freq's in like renaming them etc. last time i used it, it worked perfect but for some reason it doesnt now. damn thing! Tired

Like I say, it shouldn't make the transmissions unreadable, but it’s worth a go, try changing the Close Call setting to Do Not Disturb (DND) or off entirely. Then tune into a local radio station or something to test it.

Mike
Back to top Go down
http://www.UnbrokenPhotography.co.uk
thebluebeard

thebluebeard

PostSubject: Re: my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky Empty2009-08-17, 01:52

For fear of stating the obvious, for which I apologise, has the squelch setting altered to too high?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lincs2locations.co.uk
PeteD

PostSubject: Re: my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky Empty2009-08-17, 04:48

I apologise for another obvious one - but could it be a power problem - are the batteries OK ?
PeteD, York
Back to top Go down
lordiebee

lordiebee

Spotter Watch Member : NO

PostSubject: Re: my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky Empty2009-08-17, 06:09

my speaker went the same and you wont get any help from uniden they dont want to know i have to use headphones now

sorry john
Back to top Go down
b0nd08

b0nd08

PostSubject: Re: my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky Empty2009-08-18, 11:00

thanks for all the replies, it is the speaker.

took it back to maplin and they were being funny about it saying nothing was wrong! managed to get them to take it back though. just hope its back or a new one is sent by next week ready for CBY!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky Empty

Back to top Go down

my uniden 3500XLT has gone wonky

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Military Airband :: Scanners -