New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

wheres the best place to view raf odiham ??

View previous topic View next topic Go down
PX367

Spotter Watch Member : nope

wheres the best place to view raf odiham ?? Vide
PostSubject: wheres the best place to view raf odiham ?? wheres the best place to view raf odiham ?? Empty2009-08-16, 12:51

Hi peeps,im thinking of popping down to RAF Odiham thursday next week.Can anyone help me with the best place to park and view??? it's my first time down that neck of the woods,i've got the urge to spot something (and hopefully photograph) new. Clap wokka wokka wokka......... Wow

im just on gooooooooogle maps and im thinking fleet rd near the bridge where laffan track meets Confused

any help greatfully taken on board.

If you spot two suspicious characters wearing metallic twitchers t-shirts that will be me(steve) and my dad(roy).
Back to top Go down
PX367

Spotter Watch Member : nope

PostSubject: wheres the best place to view raf odiham ?? wheres the best place to view raf odiham ?? Empty2009-08-16, 13:25

great that was farnborough i was looking at on goooooogle .............the joys of orange internet Opps .anyway odiham it is so any help greatfully recieved,

cheers steve.
Back to top Go down
Ferrari

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Viewing at Odiham wheres the best place to view raf odiham ?? Empty2009-08-18, 04:36

Hi Steve

I was at Odiham for my first time last week and it is not an easy base for viewing. The B3349 to the west of the airfield is closed for roadworks at present, so I approached through Odiham village and then turned onto a minor road going south to Long Sutton. You can see the runway lights as you go south but there are no views onto the airfield. Just after the runway lights there is a very small road going off to the right (west). If you turn in here there is a passing point after several hundred yards where I pulled up and spotted for several hours. Beware though - the locals are not happy with the passing place being blocked so make sure you get right up onto the side and almost into the field.

This spot was good as there was plenty of activity (lifting, hovering etc) and the sun was behind. See my report posted recently for last Tuesday.

If you continue along this minor road you come to a crash gate on a corner. If it's numbers you are after look to the right and you can just see BDRT Chinook 9229M.

Following the road into Long Sutton takes you back to the yellow road on my map which joins with the B3349. Turn right in Long Sutton and head west. There is a layby along this road which has good, but distant, views of the base and the codes of some of the Chinooks on the ramp could be read off.

There is a Whirlwind gate guard but I couldn't see it from outside the airfield.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Dave Ferrari
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wheres the best place to view raf odiham ?? wheres the best place to view raf odiham ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

wheres the best place to view raf odiham ??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Wales & South West & Home Counties :: RAF Odiham -