New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Icom IC-R5

View previous topic View next topic Go down
jamesascot

jamesascot

Spotter Watch Member : no

Icom IC-R5 Vide
PostSubject: Icom IC-R5 Icom IC-R5 Empty2009-08-15, 05:24

hi all
recently purchased sed scanner and love it to bits only ever had one query which is last week i was at a search and rescue demostration in dorset and was monotoring marine channel 0 (156.000) and with my old uniden ubc72xlt i could clearley hear portland coastguard which is about 10 miles away, with the icom it was incredibly distorted and barely understandable any ideas ??

i tried fm,am and wfm mode and was using 12.5 steps

regards
james
Back to top Go down
typhoon68

Spotter Watch Member : no

Icom IC-R5 Vide
PostSubject: Icom IC-R5 Icom IC-R5 Empty2009-08-15, 07:51

Hi james,
The Coastguard channel uses fm,so enter that when listening in,it could be that the signal was very strong and the icom is more sensitive,which would distort the signal.
i use a Watson WSMA-881 high gainer aerial on mine,so you could try changing it,but if your picking up aircraft ok,it could have been just a bad signal on that occasion.
Hope this helps,
Chris Clap
Back to top Go down

Icom IC-R5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Military Airband :: Scanners -