New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First 1435 Flt Typhoon roll out 4-8-09

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
HaveQuick2

HaveQuick2

Spotter Watch Member : No

First 1435 Flt Typhoon roll out 4-8-09 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: First 1435 Flt Typhoon roll out 4-8-09 First 1435 Flt Typhoon roll out 4-8-09 - Page 2 Empty2009-09-04, 01:25

seeker33 wrote:
I thinks it's also reasonable to suggest that if the aircraft destined for the Falklands required this fit, then 4 existing/operational (and not new) FGR4's would be assigned.

Why?
Back to top Go down
HaveQuick2

HaveQuick2

PostSubject: Re: First 1435 Flt Typhoon roll out 4-8-09 First 1435 Flt Typhoon roll out 4-8-09 - Page 2 Empty2009-09-04, 01:27

merlin66 wrote:
Havequick are you on 3sqn? Im going to 1435 at the weekend to get stuff ready for the jets arriving.

I couldn't possibly say.

Have a good trip.
Back to top Go down
seeker33

PostSubject: Re: First 1435 Flt Typhoon roll out 4-8-09 First 1435 Flt Typhoon roll out 4-8-09 - Page 2 Empty2009-09-04, 11:42

HaveQuick2 wrote:
seeker33 wrote:
I thinks it's also reasonable to suggest that if the aircraft destined for the Falklands required this fit, then 4 existing/operational (and not new) FGR4's would be assigned.

Why?

Well, more information is available now.

1435 flight's aircraft (or at least the airframes quoted on this board) don't seem to have the PIRATE sensor at the moment. The reason for this is that there are not enough to go around (exleckie said), correcting my guess that they didn't have it because they didn't need it. Presumably whoever makes the decisions about which aircraft are assigned to particular duties are ok with that.

If it had been decided that 1435 flt needed aircraft that did have the sensor for operational duties in the Falklands, then they would have many FGR4's with this fit to choose from, or, they could fit the sensor to the original 4 aircraft when they became available, or should it become apparent that it is needed at a later stage. I wasn't trying to suggest a problem or create an issue where there isn't one. Isn't that right?
Back to top Go down
GOOSE
GOOSE

PostSubject: Re: First 1435 Flt Typhoon roll out 4-8-09 First 1435 Flt Typhoon roll out 4-8-09 - Page 2 Empty2009-09-04, 12:42

seeker33 wrote:
HaveQuick2 wrote:
seeker33 wrote:

Why?

Well, more information is available now.

1435 flight's aircraft (or at least the airframes quoted on this board) don't seem to have the PIRATE sensor at the moment. The reason for this is that there are not enough to go around (exleckie said), correcting my guess that they didn't have it because they didn't need it. Presumably whoever makes the decisions about which aircraft are assigned to particular duties are ok with that.

If it had been decided that 1435 flt needed aircraft that did have the sensor for operational duties in the Falklands, then they would have many FGR4's with this fit to choose from, or, they could fit the sensor to the original 4 aircraft when they became available, or should it become apparent that it is needed at a later stage. I wasn't trying to suggest a problem or create an issue where there isn't one. Isn't that right?

seeker, not sure the reason for your post. All you've done is precis the information already posted at least once?

ALL - The Pirate is classed as role kit and can be fitted / removed as the need comes up. Think of a Tornado GR's flight refueling probe, bolt on / bolt off - as the need dictates.

As seeker rightly says in one of his previous posts - just wait and see.

If anyone comes up with NEW info which is CONFIRMED, please post. Otherwise enough of the speculation. It is not helpful and has generated at least one complaint. Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
seeker33

PostSubject: Re: First 1435 Flt Typhoon roll out 4-8-09 First 1435 Flt Typhoon roll out 4-8-09 - Page 2 Empty2009-09-04, 13:22

I only posted because I was asked a question - 'why?'.

Blimey. Is there really an issue?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First 1435 Flt Typhoon roll out 4-8-09 First 1435 Flt Typhoon roll out 4-8-09 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

First 1435 Flt Typhoon roll out 4-8-09

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Midlands :: RAF Coningsby -