New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Planeplotter V 5.4.1

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
zero_gravity

zero_gravity

Spotter Watch Member : no

Planeplotter V 5.4.1 - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Planeplotter V 5.4.1 Planeplotter V 5.4.1 - Page 2 Empty2009-08-12, 10:56

spadeadam wrote:
Hi all,

I have tried downloading and installing PP on a Windows Vista system and tried to follow several 'wizards' on its installation (which seemed to go ok with the exception that it put its files in several different locations on the hard disk instead of one folder), but it seems to need some kind of two letter/digit sharer code.......I thought that you could try PP for 21 days before buying it? or am I missing something (apart from plane plots across my flat screen monitor)

VISTA splatters the files , not Planeplotter.

The best way to avoid this and indeed any misplaced files from any sw is to create an open folder on C Drive called for example "Tools"
Ensure that this folder is unrestricted. so that any user has full control and there are no permissions set.

Then download PP into that folder along with any othe sw you want full control over.

You shouldn't then have any problems.
Back to top Go down
http://satcom.website.orange.co.uk/
ringo747

ringo747

PostSubject: Re: Planeplotter V 5.4.1 Planeplotter V 5.4.1 - Page 2 Empty2009-08-13, 02:36

If I use multilateration and there is shared data available am I likely to see all civil and mil traffic in a given area? I am specifically interested in the mil air side of things.
Back to top Go down
zero_gravity

zero_gravity

PostSubject: Re: Planeplotter V 5.4.1 Planeplotter V 5.4.1 - Page 2 Empty2009-08-13, 02:52

Best place to ask is on the PP yahoo group

There are a number of PP users in NI and also a couple of Mlat ground stations , so its best
to seek their advice and find out what their experiences are.
Back to top Go down
ringo747

ringo747

PostSubject: Re: Planeplotter V 5.4.1 Planeplotter V 5.4.1 - Page 2 Empty2009-08-13, 02:58

Local scenarios aside, I just wanted to check and have it confirmed that whether or not an a/c appears on an SBS box should I see it using multilat? I guess some of the army helicopters won't show anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Roger50046

Spotter Watch Member : Will be soon!!

PostSubject: Planeplotter V 5.4.1 Planeplotter V 5.4.1 - Page 2 Empty2009-09-20, 15:40

Guys,

Is it true there is a 5min delay when you buy planeplotter and you start feeding from other sources?

I have tried PP on trial with ACARS for civvies and it is very good but as for positions and tracking of flights very hit and miss,but thats the nature of ACARS.

I cant afford a SBS or Airnavbox but consider the investment of 25 Euros worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
zero_gravity

zero_gravity

PostSubject: Re: Planeplotter V 5.4.1 Planeplotter V 5.4.1 - Page 2 Empty2009-09-24, 03:36

Hi Roger

Sorry about the late reply , just back from a short break.
When you use the registered version of PP your data is supplied by SBS1 users in real time.
There is a processing delay of up to about a minute but that can be compenstaed for by the
prediction feature.

There is a slightly longer delay for multilateration traffic [ mil , biz jets etc ] but overall the accuracy is
"out the window" level and I'm certain you won't be disappointed.

Do remember though that this is an extremly capable piece of software and will take some effort to set up correctly , but there's plenty of help available :O)
Back to top Go down
stig999

stig999

PostSubject: Re: Planeplotter V 5.4.1 Planeplotter V 5.4.1 - Page 2 Empty2009-10-01, 10:43

Dear all,
Excuse my ignorance but I thought I would give pp a shot. Being a bit thick at first I did not realise that you had to connect anything up to the pc for it to work. Planeplotter V 5.4.1 - Page 2 657959 I have since connected my scanner up and have received quite a few messages via ACARS but very few of them plot with altitude and position etc. And i cannot get anything to plot on the chart Planeplotter V 5.4.1 - Page 2 608622 . I have emailed Bev at COAA however not got much joy & have also looked on the YAHOO GROUP. I think the presumption is that we are all gifted in the IT dept and experts on how to use it right from the off!! Silly me Planeplotter V 5.4.1 - Page 2 345990
Any help on "HOW TO" use it for the thick novice would muchly be appreciated.

Planeplotter V 5.4.1 - Page 2 687308
Back to top Go down
zero_gravity

zero_gravity

PostSubject: Re: Planeplotter V 5.4.1 Planeplotter V 5.4.1 - Page 2 Empty2009-10-01, 11:22

Hi Stig

Have you read the Readme...used the Set up Wizard ,Help , the Wiki or indeed Mike's [ Anmer] guide ?

Unless you register PP you will only see your own input..ACARS or SBS1 [ use the SBS130.exe patch to get real time traffic ]

Once registered [ One off fee 25 Euro ] you'll have access to the network and see all the traffic across the UK , parts of Europe , USA , Oz etc.
Provide a constant or regular feed of your SBS1 raw data and you'll be entitled to free multilateration so you can plot everything from biz jets to microlights Planeplotter V 5.4.1 - Page 2 53197

The PP yahoo group is your friend......loads of help and friendly banter.

John
Back to top Go down
stig999

stig999

PostSubject: Re: Planeplotter V 5.4.1 Planeplotter V 5.4.1 - Page 2 Empty2009-10-01, 11:27

john you have pm Planeplotter V 5.4.1 - Page 2 657959 Planeplotter V 5.4.1 - Page 2 809599
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planeplotter V 5.4.1 Planeplotter V 5.4.1 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Planeplotter V 5.4.1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 2 of 2 Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Military Airband :: Scanners -