New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

English Electric Lightning by Stewart A Scott.

View previous topic View next topic Go down
60163tornado

Spotter Watch Member : no

English Electric Lightning by Stewart A Scott. Vide
PostSubject: English Electric Lightning by Stewart A Scott. English Electric Lightning by Stewart A Scott. Empty2009-08-03, 15:41

I am not trying to take any Kudos away from Tims Title of the same name, this thread is more a request than a review. I have volume 1 Birth of the Legend 345 pages and volume 2 The Lightning
Force 690 pages both books have volumes of facts that I have never seen in any other Lightning Publication.

I had heard that Stewart A Scott was preparing third volume can anybody tell me has it been
published yet.
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

Spotter Watch Member : no

English Electric Lightning by Stewart A Scott. Vide
PostSubject: Re: English Electric Lightning by Stewart A Scott. English Electric Lightning by Stewart A Scott. Empty2009-08-04, 03:56

No, I'm afraid it hasn't. I tried to make contact with both him and the publisher when I was working on my Lightning book, as I would have been more than happy to include more information about the volumes in my book. I received an email from the publisher informing me that they'd pass-on my contact details to Scott, but he never replied to me. I then asked the publisher for any details about the third volume (so that I could include them in my book) and they didn't bother to reply either!

So, I did my best but if they can't be bothered to even reply to emails...

I believe the author is now claiming that there are some non-specific "copyright problems" they're having to sort-out, which is delaying the third volume. Frankly, that sounds like a load of nonsense so I can only assume that the publisher is reluctant to finance the final volume in the present financial climate. Maybe it'll appear in a year or so when things hopefully improve!
Back to top Go down

English Electric Lightning by Stewart A Scott.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Military Aviation Books :: Books -