New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Preddanack airfield

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Rob-54321

Spotter Watch Member : no

Preddanack airfield Vide
PostSubject: Preddanack airfield Preddanack airfield Empty2009-08-01, 06:46

i am very interested in preddanack airfield to the south of culdrose anyone know anything intresting about it?
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

Spotter Watch Member : no

Preddanack airfield Vide
PostSubject: Re: Preddanack airfield Preddanack airfield Empty2009-08-07, 09:24

I'm planning to have a look next week. The airfield is pretty-much intact although most of the buildings have gone now (there's a fairly new control tower though). Helicopters from Culdrose use the airfield most days - don't know if the Jetstreams ever turn-up though. I've never seen 'em at Predannack but I remember seeing the ol' Sea Princes doing circuits at Predannack many years ago. There's still a scattering of aircraft wrecks in the SE corner of the airfield for rescue training and the concrete bits of the launch ramp built for Barnes Wallis is still on the western side of the runway.
Back to top Go down
rj79

rj79

Spotter Watch Member : No

Preddanack airfield Vide
PostSubject: Re: Preddanack airfield Preddanack airfield Empty2009-09-09, 05:23

Just saw this thread, missed it somehow last month. It's a lovely little place, one wasy of getting there is along the cliff and coast path from Kynance Cove. Here's a navy link to the site http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/operations-and-support/establishments/naval-bases-and-air-stations/rnas-culdrose/predannack/ and another here http://www.targeta.co.uk/predannack.htm

Hope this is of help,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Preddanack airfield Vide
PostSubject: Re: Preddanack airfield Preddanack airfield Empty

Back to top Go down

Preddanack airfield

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Wales & South West & Home Counties :: RNAS Culdrose -