New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lakenheath resident aircraft?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
rhinopower

Spotter Watch Member : No

Lakenheath resident aircraft? Vide
PostSubject: Lakenheath resident aircraft? Lakenheath resident aircraft? Empty2009-07-27, 09:27

Good day all, may be a bit of a big ask this one but, has anyone got a (up-to-date-ish) list of the current resident F-15C/Es? If anyone can oblige I would be most grateful....

Many thanks in advance, Daz
Back to top Go down
PaulHP

PostSubject: Re: Lakenheath resident aircraft? Lakenheath resident aircraft? Empty2009-07-27, 09:54

Don't know how up to date it is but you could try here: http://www.wattisham.org.uk/lakenheath_fleet.php
Back to top Go down
rhinopower

PostSubject: Re: Lakenheath resident aircraft? Lakenheath resident aircraft? Empty2009-07-27, 14:33

Just what I was looking for Paul, just needed to tie-up a couple of partial serials.

Many thanks, Daz Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
mcewenfan

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Lakenheath resident aircraft? Lakenheath resident aircraft? Empty2009-07-29, 07:23

Sorry but could I ask for a little conformation and or clarity on the coding.

Do they refer to colours?
LN bk/y
LN is Lakenheath I think. Are the others the Squadron Colours for the tails perhaps.

Cheers

Clive

Last edited by mcewenfan on 2009-07-29, 07:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Lakenheath resident aircraft? Lakenheath resident aircraft? Empty2009-07-29, 07:29

LN is for Lakenheath,bk is black,y is yellow,bl is blue,wt is white,r is red (which refer to the fin-tip colours-each squadron has a different colour.)
Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
mcewenfan

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Lakenheath resident aircraft? Lakenheath resident aircraft? Empty2009-07-29, 07:37

Cheers flaps,
Just looked out the window at a jet and confirmed its serial with the codes and they are the colours.

Once again thanks for the conformation.
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Lakenheath resident aircraft? Lakenheath resident aircraft? Empty2009-07-29, 07:54

Most (if not all,maybe someone can confirm this ?) USAF bases operate a similar system with a variety of different colours.Some squadrons just use one colour but some use two.
Back to top Go down
bolty

bolty

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Lakenheath resident aircraft? Lakenheath resident aircraft? Empty2009-07-29, 08:22

Flaps wrote:
Most (if not all,maybe someone can confirm this ?) USAF bases operate a similar system with a variety of different colours.Some squadrons just use one colour but some use two.

I think thats true, Other USAFE ones i can think of is

31st FW @ Aviano 555th FS 'Triple Nickel' green, 510th FS 'Buzzards' purple

52d FW @ Spangdahlem 22nd FS 'Stingers'red, 23rd 'hawks' blue & 81st Fs Yellow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lakenheath resident aircraft? Lakenheath resident aircraft? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lakenheath resident aircraft?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Anglia & South East :: RAF Lakenheath -