New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Canon EOS450 - View Finder Assembly cleaning

View previous topic View next topic Go down
St. John

St. John

Spotter Watch Member : No

Canon EOS450 - View Finder Assembly cleaning Vide
PostSubject: Canon EOS450 - View Finder Assembly cleaning Canon EOS450 - View Finder Assembly cleaning Empty2009-07-23, 01:35

Hopefully this will be a simple question to answer.

I have a Canon EOS450D and dirt (mainly flecks of fibre) is gathering on the part of the view finder assembly directly above the mirror (can't find the technical name anywhere but it's where the image passes through after hitting the mirror).

I'm concerned that this dirt might end up on the sensor so, what's the best way of cleaning it off?

Not sure what this component is made of so can I use an alchohol based fluid? I've searched t'internet but can't find any reference to this particular part.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
vulcan558
vulcan558

PostSubject: Re: Canon EOS450 - View Finder Assembly cleaning Canon EOS450 - View Finder Assembly cleaning Empty2009-07-23, 02:43

Good few blasts with a Rocket blower should do the trick. they cost around £7.
if you use the blower on a regular bases it will keep dust down and also blows any crap off the sensor. so a good investment .
Back to top Go down
St. John

St. John

PostSubject: Re: Canon EOS450 - View Finder Assembly cleaning Canon EOS450 - View Finder Assembly cleaning Empty2009-07-23, 04:32

Thanks Vulcan, I'll give that a try.
Back to top Go down
hawks922

hawks922

PostSubject: Re: Canon EOS450 - View Finder Assembly cleaning Canon EOS450 - View Finder Assembly cleaning Empty2009-08-03, 02:52

If the advice from Vulcan don't work I suggest you look here if you want to dismantle and assemble the viewfinder.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1031&message=9871340

However don't use tweezers even if you think you have steady hands that is how I scratched mine.

If you have already removed and scratched it as I have the replacement for 400D which I think is the same on the 450D will cost £11.50 from http://www.hlehmann.co.uk/index.html

There was a poster who recommended Lehmanns on here but I can't find the original post to give them credit for it, as the advice was brilliant and they supply the cheapest parts. Lehmanns also recommended using latex gloves so long as they are the ones without powder and check that there is no oils on them.

Hope this proves usefull to someone else
Back to top Go down
St. John

St. John

PostSubject: Re: Canon EOS450 - View Finder Assembly cleaning Canon EOS450 - View Finder Assembly cleaning Empty2009-08-03, 05:13

Thanks for this advice HAWKS.

I got round to cleaning using compressed air yesterday and it has done the job. There are a few stubborn marks so the next time it gets mucky I'll take it apart and clean according to your post.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canon EOS450 - View Finder Assembly cleaning Canon EOS450 - View Finder Assembly cleaning Empty

Back to top Go down

Canon EOS450 - View Finder Assembly cleaning

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Photography & Art :: Photography Discussion -