New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Visit to Fairford

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Canonjohns40d

Visit to Fairford Vide
PostSubject: Visit to Fairford Visit to Fairford Empty2009-07-22, 16:07

Hi all I am over in Northern Ireland and enjoyed catching the U2 on Radarbox this morning. I've been enviously looking at the pictures of it's arrival on the site here. I am due in Cheltenham from Sunday 26th July to Sunday 2nd August. We get little in the way of interesting Military Aircraft over here and i wonder if a visit to Fairford is, firstly possible (how far etc). Secondly if it is, within range, is there a good time to go, what might you see? I realise the U2s will be long gone.

Any help would be appreciated.

John
Back to top Go down
MikeB
Admin
Admin
MikeB

Visit to Fairford Vide
PostSubject: Re: Visit to Fairford Visit to Fairford Empty2009-07-22, 16:11

Canonjohns40d wrote:
Hi all I am over in Northern Ireland and enjoyed catching the U2 on Radarbox this morning. I've been enviously looking at the pictures of it's arrival on the site here. I am due in Cheltenham from Sunday 26th July to Sunday 2nd August. We get little in the way of interesting Military Aircraft over here and i wonder if a visit to Fairford is, firstly possible (how far etc). Secondly if it is, within range, is there a good time to go, what might you see? I realise the U2s will be long gone.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

I'm afraid Fairford will more than likely be empty then. We do normally have a U2 swap over in mid/late August or sometimes September/October but you've missed one of the major ones which is taking place at the moment. It's likely that the aircraft which is 'kitted' up will be returning this year at some point, but when is anyones guess!

Your best bet is to check here nearer to the time, if anythings going on, it'll be covered here! Smile.

HTH,
Mike
Back to top Go down
http://www.UnbrokenPhotography.co.uk
Canonjohns40d

Visit to Fairford Vide
PostSubject: Re: Visit to Fairford Visit to Fairford Empty2009-07-22, 16:18

Cheers Mike appreciate the prompt response. I'll keep checking as you suggest.

John
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Visit to Fairford Vide
PostSubject: Re: Visit to Fairford Visit to Fairford Empty

Back to top Go down

Visit to Fairford

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Wales & South West & Home Counties :: RAF Fairford -