New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

70 years

View previous topic View next topic Go down
swampy

70 years Vide
PostSubject: 70 years 70 years Empty2009-07-11, 15:57

Lots of nice a/c around Wattisham today celebrating 70 years as a station.
Seeing nine AH 64's lined up on the old runway at Rattlesdon, preparing for their display was a site for sore eyes. Well done lads.
Back to top Go down
spiritwalker

spiritwalker

Spotter Watch Member : no

70 years Vide
PostSubject: Re: 70 years 70 years Empty2009-07-12, 04:55

...........yes, i thought something was going on at Wattisham yeserday!...my scanner was going crazy with all the radio comms. I managed to hear the entire 'Blades' dislpay, live from my lounge miles away hear at Thurston!

Was it a public display or invite only??..it would be nice to get some photos on the forum.
Back to top Go down
swampy

70 years Vide
PostSubject: Re: 70 years 70 years Empty2009-07-13, 03:07

It was a privite one. I was at Rattlesdon about five a or six miles away. There's a gliding club based there and they had a day dedicated to some American veterans that were based there during WW2. The Wattisham celebration was I think a happy coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

70 years Vide
PostSubject: Re: 70 years 70 years Empty

Back to top Go down

70 years

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Anglia & South East :: MOD Wattisham -