New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LN next Monday

View previous topic View next topic Go down
mark17

mark17

LN next Monday Vide
PostSubject: LN next Monday LN next Monday Empty2009-07-10, 14:26

Hi all,

Im hopefully heading down Suffolk way on Monday,with the amount the Eagles are flying and with the weather looking ok.

Question ive got is the wind direction looks to be a 10mph North Easterly,which way will they be taking off over the viewing area,or landing?

Many thanks
Mark
Back to top Go down
Reach90016

Spotter Watch Member : no

LN next Monday Vide
PostSubject: Re: LN next Monday LN next Monday Empty2009-07-10, 14:39

mark17 wrote:
Hi all,

Im hopefully heading down Suffolk way on Monday,with the amount the Eagles are flying and with the weather looking ok.

Question ive got is the wind direction looks to be a 10mph North Easterly,which way will they be taking off over the viewing area,or landing?

Many thanks
Mark
Hi Mark, They will be taking off towards the viewng area, if its a north/easterly.
Cheers
Ray
Back to top Go down
Reach90016

Spotter Watch Member : no

LN next Monday Vide
PostSubject: Re: LN next Monday LN next Monday Empty2009-07-10, 16:28

Reach90016 wrote:
mark17 wrote:
Hi all,

Many thanks
Mark
Hi Mark, They will be taking off towards the viewng area, if its a north/easterly.
Cheers
Ray
Checking the Wx site I use, wind will be 6 to 7MPH from the south west, so will be on runway 24, thats landing from Brandon end and taking off towards Mildenhall, so viewing area will be good.
Cheers
Ray
Back to top Go down
mark17

mark17

LN next Monday Vide
PostSubject: Re: LN next Monday LN next Monday Empty2009-07-11, 00:52

Thanks for that Ray.

I knew i wouldnt make it as a weatherman,dont know my norths from my souths Laugh

Thanks mate,its a long drive but cant wait to get there Monday.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Unknown

Spotter Watch Member : No

LN next Monday Vide
PostSubject: Re: LN next Monday LN next Monday Empty2009-07-14, 15:53

If memory serves me from 3 or 4 Years back the last time I was down there if they're taking off overhead where your standing (or landing for that matter) you can get some pretty awsome pics/film (guess who got caught out by a Strike Eagle when returning to the car after collecting numbers so never got the best piece of film I could have got)....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LN next Monday Vide
PostSubject: Re: LN next Monday LN next Monday Empty

Back to top Go down

LN next Monday

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Anglia & South East :: RAF Lakenheath -