New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Update on RAF Valley and Families Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down
F104G

Update on RAF Valley and  Families Day Vide
PostSubject: Update on RAF Valley and Families Day Update on RAF Valley and  Families Day Empty2009-07-09, 05:13

The Red Arrows are carrying out either a short display or
flypast over Wakestock Festival, Abersoch this coming Friday. They are due into
Valley for a refuel and will depart Valley at 1640hrs, form up over the sea and
then overfly Colwyn Bay, Abergynolwen and Builth Wells on route to Bristol from
where they will operate this coming weekend for the Swansea Beach airshow and
Yeovilton. No fixed eta at the moment, also a German CH-53 to transit through
Valley on route to Baldonnel towards the end of this month refuelling on route
to and on return from Ireland.

The French Alpha jets that were due to deploy to Valley early this summer are
now re-booking for a week’s deployment between now and the Families Day. The
reason for the delay was the lack of hangarage and ramp space due to the
ongoing earth works for the new super hangar and offices that you will see
springing up on the runway 26 threshold.

There is some good news for the Families Day, but at this stage I do not want to
speculate as to what types will land and which will display suffice to say that
the Committee are working very hard at trying to bring you up to three hours of
activity along with other operational fly pasts etc.

Some of the speculation on some forums is not helpful as people take this 'information' to be gospel, I am on the aircraft participation committee and will post the details as soon as we get official confirmation from those intending to come, the format of the day will be similar to previous photocall's with invited guests and operational fly throughs, etc.

To make a Families Day it is inevitable that some of the 'family' at RAF Valley have to work as[ or sometimes harder than] normal, including 60 stewards from the Society but it is hoped that the combined Families Day will mean that everyone gets to enjoy the event and as a result the Station Charities will benefit from the numerous stalls and raffles that will also be going on.

The Irish Air Corps, Americans, French, Dutch and Belgians along with several Squadrons from the Royal Air Force, Army Air Corps, Navy and BAe Systems have promised to attend subject to the usual caveat, subject to operational commitments and serviceability of course. The display and fly through line is Runway 01/19 and the access to runway 13 will be closed off as part of the display envelope will be over that area and therefore safety precautions have to be taken.

The road leading to runway 13 and 19 will have proper 'no waiting' cones leading as far back as Dinam Farm to prevent the obstruction to buses, through traffic, etc that occured last year and Civvie Police and traffic wardens will be on duty specifically to enforce that area after all the complaints we had last year of inappropriate parking.

Most of the local spotters that want to view from outside will know of the footpaths that will get you close without risking a £30 fine, I suspect the best option if not attending the event is to park at the Rhosneigr end and walk to the good observations spots around the back of the old Agwoeu site and the approach to runway 01.

As soon as we have detail and timings we will let everyone know via Fighter Control and our own website

regards
Dick Thomas
Back to top Go down
andrew653

PostSubject: Re: Update on RAF Valley and Families Day Update on RAF Valley and  Families Day Empty2009-07-09, 12:10

Do you know if the local Air cadet squadrons will be invited to help this year as they have been in previous years???
Back to top Go down
november whisky 1

november whisky 1

PostSubject: Re: Update on RAF Valley and Families Day Update on RAF Valley and  Families Day Empty2009-07-09, 14:32

A lot of work goes into this fair play to you lets hope we get the weather.
Back to top Go down
F104G

PostSubject: Re: Update on RAF Valley and Families Day Update on RAF Valley and  Families Day Empty2009-07-09, 16:53

Thanks NW 01, to answer Andrew I have been informed that the ACLO is liaising with all local Squadrons as Valley are the actual hosts this year and not the Society. We have been told that the request has gone out for up to 60 cadets to help out the Stewards and many others working on the day, check with your Squadron and if they haven't been approached I would like to know and chase up why not

regards
Dick Thomas
Back to top Go down
andrew653

PostSubject: Re: Update on RAF Valley and Families Day Update on RAF Valley and  Families Day Empty2009-07-10, 13:44

F104G wrote:
Thanks NW 01, to answer Andrew I have been informed that the ACLO is liaising with all local Squadrons as Valley are the actual hosts this year and not the Society. We have been told that the request has gone out for up to 60 cadets to help out the Stewards and many others working on the day, check with your Squadron and if they haven't been approached I would like to know and chase up why not

regards
Dick Thomas

Thanks for the answer and good luck with everything, just hope that the weather is as good as last years.
Back to top Go down
mark17

mark17

PostSubject: Re: Update on RAF Valley and Families Day Update on RAF Valley and  Families Day Empty2009-07-10, 14:21

Fingers crossed for some great weather at Valley again,it really was a brilliant day last year.

Unfortunately i dont think i can attend this years event,im gettin wed on the 15th,then away on honeymoon till the 26th,i tried to talk the wife into staying on Anglesey for our honeymoon but she wouldnt have any of it. Mad

You can bet the Eagles turn up this year because i cant make it !!Roll Eyes
Back to top Go down
F104G

PostSubject: Re: Update on RAF Valley and Families Day Update on RAF Valley and  Families Day Empty2009-07-29, 07:00

Just a little reminder to all full, associate and affiliate members of
the Society that the closing date for applications to attend is this
coming Saturday; I will honour any application post marked up to that
date. Our allocation is almost full as the promise of a three hour
flying display has really spurred some of you into motion at the last
minute.

All invites, membership cards, briefing sheet and car passes will be posted out by 8th August accept for those arriving late.
If
you have forgotten to request a space in the Disabled Car Park [blue
badge holders only] and need to then e-mail me at the address given at
the end of this reminder.

ALL invitations are individually named
and correspond to the database that all security persons hold. If you
need to change it for whatever reason then that has to be done by the
21st August, no amendments can be made after midnight that day as the
final list is made the following morning and effectively brings down
the shutters I'm afraid.

The no waiting and road closure orders
have now been made official and are therefore enforceable unlike last
year, the powers that be are looking forward to patrolling the Cymyran
and Burma roads that day to boost the Council funds with on the spot
parking fines,[nice to see someone makes some money out of the day!!!!}

Access
to Cymyran [RWY 13]is for residents only after 23.59hrs on the 26th all
others found in that area will get a 'fine' [ wish I worked for the
Council ] The area of cones is along the Burma Road all the way from
Dinam Farm entrance to the road closure and all the way to the main
gate. The RSPCA sites will be officially closed off as well, so the
only decent spot left if you want a view from the outside is the Runway
31 end to park and walk to the back of the old AGWOEU site as the axis
for display and fly pasts is 01/19 or for the fitter ones a walk as far
as the RWY 08 approach as the sun goes around.

Spotters Car Park
is closed from 1800hrs on the 26th until 0800hrs on the 28th and access
to the airport car park is restricted to those pre-booked on a flight
to/from Cardiff that day.

Arrivals, fly throughs etc will be
from 0830 to 1200hrs, then displays & departures through to
1500hrs, then departures only up to 16.00hrs, some aircraft are coming
in the night before or arriving on the day and depart on Friday. Normal
Flying may be curtailed on the Friday as its the lead up to the Bank
Holiday [not confirmed as yet]

Apart from the display Hawk and a
diamond 9 of hawks off 208 Sqn, all other normal 4 FTS operations on
the day;apart from Search & Rescue standby will cease on Wednesday
evening.

All the hard working guys and girls of BDS will be
assisting with visiting aircraft whilst nearly everyone else gets the
day off, apart that is from OPs, ATC, Fire, Security and medical cover
{oops nearly forgot]

The participation list will be finalized
two weeks before the event and I will let members know, oh yeah one
other thing as in all previous years the event goes ahead despite what
the weather gods throw at us, now that the Met Office have officially
down graded the 'hottest summer ever' to the usual British Summer,
please prepare for wet, windy, torrential rain, fog, snow, hail, sleet,
pestilence and frogs ohh and the boils as well that should just about
cover it.

any enquirers use richardwynthomas@btinternet.com as for some reason the dickthomas@valleyaviationsociety.net has stopped working this week, so if you have sent something to that one and I haven't replied you know why.

cheers

Dick Thomas
Back to top Go down
pricey797

PostSubject: Re: Update on RAF Valley and Families Day Update on RAF Valley and  Families Day Empty2009-08-11, 14:21

any news on the participants for the photoshoot yet
Back to top Go down
F104G

PostSubject: Re: Update on RAF Valley and Families Day Update on RAF Valley and  Families Day Empty2009-08-12, 04:20

The only news is that there is NO firm confirmations as yet. The Belgians confirm with us tomorrow, the Dutch a week later and the USAFE the Friday before. the Society have confirmed seven other aircraft to tie in with celebrating 'RAF Trainers over the years' at the moment the RAF have confirmed a pair of GR4's coming in for lunch, along with a Harrier and a Dominie, plus a large number of fly through or touch and go's but as I said everybody is very late confirming this year and I will not speculate further.

I think I have mentioned before that false rumours started by people who are not in the know cause us problems as when there are inevitable 'no shows' we seem to get the blame instead of the idiot who started the rumour in the first place.

Several of the Flying Committee are on leave and the others are ringing around the Squadrons this week to remind everyone of the day and try and build a loose programme of events. The committee meet on the 24th to draw up the programme for the day itself[which usually changes right up to last minute, as you will know]

I will be posting the updated programme on the members section of our forum next week, but drop in and see either Tom or myself in the cabin when your going on/off shift and we will gladly let you know more 'off forums'

cheers
Dick
Back to top Go down
pricey797

PostSubject: Re: Update on RAF Valley and Families Day Update on RAF Valley and  Families Day Empty2009-08-14, 11:33

cheers dick i will try to get over but i am on a course that week which is typical i will miss it all anyway
Back to top Go down
F104G

PostSubject: Re: Update on RAF Valley and Families Day Update on RAF Valley and  Families Day Empty2009-08-14, 16:25

That's just bl####### typical, all being well I will be there Tuesday and Thursday nextweek but Tom is there all week, should have more news by then
Back to top Go down
jonsworld

Spotter Watch Member : yes

PostSubject: Re: Update on RAF Valley and Families Day Update on RAF Valley and  Families Day Empty2009-08-26, 07:15

the links gone quiet?
any good news? is there any cats going to be let out of the bag.

weathers give it quite fair from what i saw before..thats the main thing!!

ta jon
Back to top Go down
PaulXLE

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Update on RAF Valley and Families Day Update on RAF Valley and  Families Day Empty2009-08-26, 10:55

Yes, I've made the mistake of telling my 10 year old son that there will be interesting goings on at Valley tomorrow, so now I've GOT to go.

So, any (even vague) advice about when to lurk around the perimeter?

Morning? Afternoon? Anything at all that would help me?

I'd be very grateful, TIA

Paul
Back to top Go down
http://www.xplanes.co.uk
mark17

mark17

PostSubject: Re: Update on RAF Valley and Families Day Update on RAF Valley and  Families Day Empty2009-08-26, 16:23

Hi all,

Just want to say to everyone whos attending the Photoshoot tomorrow,i hope you have a brilliant day,hope the weather plays ball like last year and most of whats due turns up.

Unfortunately i cant attend this year but if its anything like the last 4 years it will be a great day. Thumbs Up
Bet the F15s show up tomorrow cause i aint there!!

Im gutted i cant be there,but look forward to seeing everyones photos

Have fun Big Grin

Mark
Back to top Go down
glasfryn

glasfryn

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Update on RAF Valley and Families Day Update on RAF Valley and  Families Day Empty2009-08-26, 23:27

first time i've missed it for 4 years....bloody night shifts Mad hope they all have a great day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on RAF Valley and Families Day Update on RAF Valley and  Families Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Update on RAF Valley and Families Day

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Wales & South West & Home Counties :: RAF Valley / RAF Mona -