New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scampton Closing still?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

Scampton Closing still? Vide
PostSubject: Scampton Closing still? Scampton Closing still? Empty2009-07-06, 07:29

Dear All,

Just noticed on my way past that one of the Hangers is having some major work done to it. All the doors are being shotblasted and re-painted along with the entire outside of it. The first hanger which I believe was used for Tucano maintainance is now fully refurbished. This now holds the RAF Heritage collection of transport.

Having spoke to my brother who has been working on the base, he tells me that ALL the Hangers are being restored and brought up to present standard.

Another Rumour is that the RAF is to buy back all the houses that were sold off on the Married quarters side.

Does anyone know anymore

MTIA

Rob

Last edited by Bobby Jo on 2009-07-06, 10:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.artistneeds.com
REDS

REDS

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Scampton Closing still? Scampton Closing still? Empty2009-07-06, 08:41

I heard it was closing and the Reds were moving to Cranwell??
Back to top Go down
Grahame W

Grahame W

PostSubject: Re: Scampton Closing still? Scampton Closing still? Empty2009-07-07, 03:44

No, the Reds are moving to Waddington in 2011, I believe
Back to top Go down
big greg

Spotter Watch Member : 0609

PostSubject: Listed buildings Scampton Closing still? Empty2009-07-09, 01:22

I think you will find that the hangers are listed buildings and have to kept in good condition,this is the reason for refurbish.There is talk of changing colour of reds when they move to waddo,but like most things talked about,thats it just talk.We will have to wait and see,when where to,red blue green yellow white maybe.
Back to top Go down
lowlevel

lowlevel

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Scampton closing still? Scampton Closing still? Empty2009-07-09, 07:49

I would have thought ALL of Scampton airfield would be listed,because of the Dambusters World War 2 history,should be kept as an airfield,and in the future,if it's closed,it shouldn't be turned into another prison or housing estate.
Back to top Go down
cottesmore09

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Scampton Closing still? Scampton Closing still? Empty2009-07-22, 19:30

The Red Arrows are to be moving to RAF Waddington in 2011 and Yes scampton is to close, but there airspace over Scampton will be used by the Reds for training so you will still see them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scampton Closing still? Scampton Closing still? Empty

Back to top Go down

Scampton Closing still?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Midlands :: RAF Scampton -