New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat

View previous topic View next topic Go down
adamc8rd

adamc8rd

Spotter Watch Member : no

Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat Vide
PostSubject: Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat Empty2009-07-03, 08:54

Are the red arrows using leuchars for the display they are doing at the scottish game fair if so what time is there departure
Back to top Go down
thunder

thunder

PostSubject: Re: Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat Empty2009-07-03, 12:12

adamc8rd wrote:
Are the red arrows using leuchars for the display they are doing at the scottish game fair if so what time is there departure

As far as I was aware the display was today @ 1030L and they flew down from Inverness. The Reds are at Waddington and Bournemouth tomorrow
Back to top Go down
gregor53

PostSubject: ARE THE ARROWS USING LEUCHARS FOR PERTH ON SAT Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat Empty2009-07-04, 16:06

Arrows used Leuchars Thursday night
Back to top Go down
thunder

thunder

PostSubject: Re: Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat Empty2009-07-05, 05:30

gregor53 wrote:
Arrows used Leuchars Thursday night

Are you sure? As they landed at Inverness after Tain gala
Back to top Go down
adamc8rd

adamc8rd

PostSubject: Re: Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat Empty2009-07-05, 06:54

See what i was told on thursday before that terrible accident was that they were to be flying in after tain and doing a fly-by with the 43sqd flagship gloria finis as a photoshoot to mark the disbandment of 43sqd then they were going to be holding at leuchars for the scottish game fare at perth i maybe got mixed up with it being on sat instead of fri (just what i was told)
Back to top Go down
thunder

thunder

PostSubject: Re: Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat Empty2009-07-05, 13:00

After they finished their display at Tain, Red 10(commentator) said that they(Red Arrows) were returning to Inverness. They may have headed to Leuchars later that night as they weren't at Inverness at 0915 on Friday morning which I thought was strange considering the display at Perth was at 1030 and they could cover the distance in 30 mins.
Back to top Go down
saundy88

saundy88

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat Empty2009-07-06, 03:11

The Reds were in at Leuchars (although I did't see them arrive Thursday night), but for obvious reasons there was no flying from us or 43 Sqn on Friday. However, I did see them depart Friday morning somtime around 1000.
Back to top Go down
toom317

PostSubject: Re: Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat Empty2009-07-06, 03:48

If you had checked the Notams you would have seen several referring to the Reds transiting around. After the display at Tain they would have returned to Inversneckie, refuelled, and were then due to go to Leuchars via Loch Lochy, Rannoch Station, Loch Faskally, in the late evening. I don't know if they actually did this, due to the days events, as I had intended to go and get them there. I did see them pass to the west of Langholm earlier in the day. They didn't display at Perth on the Friday due to poor weather at Leuchars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat Empty

Back to top Go down

Are The Arrows Using Leuchars for Perth on Sat

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Scotland & Northern Ireland :: RAF Leuchars -