New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Gordymac

Gordymac

Spotter Watch Member : No

Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Vide
PostSubject: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-03, 06:45

6 Typhoons just arrived ( 2 formations of 3 - 'Shocker' and 'Monkey'). On a Friday?
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-03, 06:52

For the CQWI that starts on Monday maybe ?
Back to top Go down
ringo747

ringo747

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-03, 06:56

Does this exercise span 2 weeks?
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-03, 06:58

6-16th July
Back to top Go down
ythanpythan

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-03, 10:38

Its a local holiday in Aberdeen on the 13th so I plan to head north to catch a bit of the exercise then, I was hoping that they didn't split the aircraft between Kinloss and Lossie as I can only get up for one day.

Ian
Back to top Go down
Macc

Macc

Spotter Watch Member :

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-03, 11:08

Gordymac wrote:
6 Typhoons just arrived ( 2 formations of 3 - 'Shocker' and 'Monkey'). On a Friday?
They were like 5 seconds apart. Haha, shame I missed them by an hour.
Back to top Go down
thunder

thunder

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-03, 11:36

Took a look in at Kinloss today hoping to catch some of the CQWI stuff arriving, but upon arrival a quick look over the fence revealed that the runway works were still on going. Not too sure what they were doing, but they were using heavy machinery I thought maybe shot-blasting and repainting the runway markings. There was however 2 Nimrods on the line, so is the runway reopen or not??

I have since learnt that 4 Harriers went into Kinloss this afternoon so it must be open on Monday coming, maybe the Typhoons are going to launch from Lossie on Monday and recover to Kinloss.

Also mention of F15E's taking part, are these flying from Mildenhall(temp home) or Lossie/Kinloss
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-03, 13:39

With thanks to Graeme and Scotavnet,the following Tiffies have arrived at Lossie today for the CQWI.

AA,AB,DE,DF,DG and DXI.
Back to top Go down
daffy duck

daffy duck

Spotter Watch Member : nope

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-04, 02:51

I s anybody else going to low flying area 14 and 14t-tactial training area
hopefully i get good photos is scottish military atc at 124.5 any good at hearing them
Back to top Go down
rossevenil

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-04, 04:21

You do realise how big LFA14 and LFA14t are dont you?
Aswell as covering the Western Isles its the whole of Scotland north of the Central Belt!

Unless you know the target area for the day you are going to be very frustrated.
Back to top Go down
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-04, 04:44

I saw both Typhoon formations going in early afternoon - also heard/saw single Typhoon later - perhaps one of the same, or an additional a/c?
Back to top Go down
daffy duck

daffy duck

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-04, 05:02

yes i do last year i did not see a thing and the year before that i
think it was dew to the weather Sad
Back to top Go down
adamc8rd

adamc8rd

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-04, 05:50

Where is going to be the best base for taking photographs lossie/kinloss
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-04, 05:52

http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/spotting/lossiemouth.html

http://www.scramble.nl/airports/publish/egqk.htm

These are taken from the "Stickies" at the top of each base's page.
Back to top Go down
daffy duck

daffy duck

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-04, 05:58

will they be in 14t im ment to be travaling up in to that area so will they be in that area i can use my radio to see if they fly over Thumbs Up Wow Confused
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-04, 06:10

daffy duck wrote:
will they be in 14t im ment to be travaling up in to that area so will they be in that area i can use my radio to see if they fly over Thumbs Up Wow Confused

Please stop asking the same question,we don't know the answer as information like that is not available to us.
Back to top Go down
daffy duck

daffy duck

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-04, 06:23

sorry im just excited that im going to see some harrier gr9's and typhoons sorry Sad
im only new to this
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-04, 06:35

daffy duck wrote:
sorry im just excited that im going to see some harrier gr9's and typhoons sorry Sad
im only new to this

No worries mate,as has been said before the LFA you mention is huge,you MIGHT be lucky and see one or two low-flying jets and very,very lucky to get any half-decent photos.
Your scanner won't be of much use because it doesn't cover the military airband and you'll be surrounded by mountains which block off signals anyway.
You'll be best to go to Lossiemouth and Kinloss for a day-trip.
Back to top Go down
adamc8rd

adamc8rd

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-04, 06:37

Flaps do you have any intention on going to either base on mon or wed would be nice to meet some of the FC boys and put a face to a name
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-04, 06:39

adamc8rd wrote:
Flaps do you have any intention on going to either base on mon or wed would be nice to meet some of the FC boys and put a face to a name

I can't get there this coming week,then I'm off to RIAT the following week,maybe the week after ?
Back to top Go down
daffy duck

daffy duck

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-04, 06:47

flaps Ill try go to kinloss i try to get a scanner (I got a bigger arial if that will help) :WowThumbs UpCheers
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-04, 06:58

daffy duck wrote:
flaps Ill try go to kinloss i try to get a scanner (I got a bigger arial if that will help) :WowThumbs UpCheers

Kinloss and Lossie are only about 7 miles apart,you can't go to Kinloss and not go to Lossie !
Lossie is one of the best bases (if not the best) in the UK for viewing and photography.
Back to top Go down
daffy duck

daffy duck

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-04, 07:04

will any tornado f3s be grounded i just throught because of the dreadful acident yesterday
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-04, 07:07

daffy duck wrote:
will any tornado f3s be grounded i just throught because of the dreadful acident yesterday

Don't know,they're about to be retired anyway.The F3's are based at Leuchars,it's GR4's at Lossie,Marham and Coningsby.
Back to top Go down
daffy duck

daffy duck

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty2009-07-04, 07:17

flaps is there any hornets in the uk my mate said they were coming in to lakenheath but I think he was having a laugh Laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July Empty

Back to top Go down

Typhoons at Lossie - 03 July

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Scotland & Northern Ireland :: RAF Lossiemouth -