New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Mikedee

Spotter Watch Member : No

English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland Vide
PostSubject: English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland Empty2009-06-25, 05:43

Just received this from Amazon...save 30% with free postage (If you specify)

Amazon seem to have screwed up the wording on the introduction Secret

OK.......He is a 'prolific poster' on the forum Clap

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,
We've noticed that customers who have purchased or rated Avro Vulcan: Britain's Famous Delta Wing V-Bomber (Aerofax) by Phil Butler; Tony Buttler have also purchased English Electric Lightning by Tim McLelland. For this reason, you might like to know that English Electric Lightning will be released on 2 July 2009. You can pre-order yours for just £24.50 (30% off the RRP) by following the link below.

English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland 1906537038.01._SL160_PE30_OU02_SCLZZZZZZZ_V236603276_ English Electric Lightning
Tim McLelland

RRP:£35.00
Price: £24.50
You Save:£10.50 (30%)
Release Date: 2 July 2009
English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland Btn-preorder._V45456050_
Product Description
With an unmistakable design and classic natural metal finish, the English Electric Lightning is a powerful example of the enormous capabilities of post-war British aeronautical design. First developed in response to a requirement in 1947, English Electric's design was so radical that it was initially opposed by the RAE at Farnborough. Despite this, it was later to become the only all-British supersonic aircraft to enter production and the last all-British single-seat fighter. Although the type suffered from chronic underdevelopment throughout much of its career, which adversely affected its export potential, it remained a success at home and skilfully defended UK air space for more than 25 years. The first prototype took to the air on 4 ... Read more

More to Explore
English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland 1857803116.01._SL160_PE25_OU02_SCLZZZZZZZ_V250600431_English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland 1906537003.01._SL160_PE20_OU02_SCLZZZZZZZ_V239379243_English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland 1844158276.01._SL160_PE30_OU02_SCLZZZZZZZ_V224870055_
Aerofax: Handley-Page Victor
Phil Butler
Heinkel He162 Volksjager
Robert Forsyth
V Bombers: Vulcan, Valiant and Victor (Profiles of Flight Series)
Dave Windle
English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland Btn-atc._V45449963_English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland Btn-atc._V45449963_English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland Btn-atc._V45449963_

• See more in History > Military History > Armed Forces > Air Forces
  • See more in Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval > Military Aircraft
  • See more in Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Military & Naval > Military Vehicles
  • More New Releases
  • Top Sellers
  • Recommended For You

Best wishes,
Amazon.co.uk
http://amazon.co.uk
Terms & Conditions: We hope you enjoyed receiving this message. However, if you'd rather not receive future e-mails of this sort from Amazon.co.uk please opt-out here.
Offers apply to selected products only. Click on the offer for details of applicable products and terms and conditions. Offers are for a limited time only and subject to availability. Prices and information are correct at time of sending and subject to change without notice. Prices exclude postage and packaging.
Products sold by Amazon.co.uk: Discounts and savings refer to savings against Recommended Retail Price ("RRP") or our previous selling price, as indicated.
Delivery: Some products can only be delivered to certain countries. To find out where each category of products can be shipped to please see our Delivery Destinations help page. You will be informed at check out if the items you have chosen cannot be shipped to your selected destination. For further details of delivery rates, options and any delivery restrictions, see the amazon.co.uk website.
Amazon EU Sarl, a company registered in Luxembourg, Registration Number B-101818, 5 Rue Plaetis, L-2338 Luxembourg. VAT Number LU 20260743.

Amazon MP3: Discounts and savings refer to savings against our previous selling price, or as otherwise indicated.
Amazon Media EU Sarl, a company registered in Luxembourg, Registration Number 112767, 5 Rue Plaetis, L-2338 Luxembourg. VAT Number LU 20944528.
Amazon.co.uk Marketplace platform: Products sold by a Marketplace seller are subject to that seller's terms and conditions of sale. See www.amazon.co.uk for details.
Amazon Services Europe Sarl, a company registered in Luxembourg, Registration Number B-93815, 5 Rue Plaetis, L-2338 Luxembourg. VAT Number LU 19647148.

Amazon.co.uk is a trading name for Amazon EU S.a.r.l, Amazon Services Europe S.a.r.l and Amazon Media EU S.a.r.l.
Please note that this promotional e-mail is being sent from an e-mail address that cannot receive e-mails. If you have any questions and wish to contact us, click here.

Reference 15968551
Please note that this message was sent to the following email address: mikedennis7@aol.com
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland Empty2009-06-27, 06:33

Thanks for the plug! Wish I was on commission now!

I believe it will hit the shops in about four weeks time. It's a fairly comprehensive mix of history, from-the-cockpit accounts, technical details and so on, and lots of photos, including lots taken by FC member Terry Senior!

Cover picture might be different on the actual book though - Amazon are a bit amateurish with info and news unfortunately.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland Empty2009-07-10, 12:50

Book is now published so I guess it'll be in the shops in a couple of weeks if anyone is after a copy.
Back to top Go down
vulcan558
vulcan558

PostSubject: Re: English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland Empty2009-07-10, 13:21

Yep i will have a look for it .
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland Empty2009-07-15, 04:49

I just received some copies of the book this morning. Have to say I'm not particularly impressed with it. The printed quality is a bit iffy in parts and some of the layout isn't as I wanted it. Still, that's how books often work-out. I dunno whether I'd be inclined to pay £35 for a copy though - I guess it depends how much you like Lightnings!
Back to top Go down
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland Empty2009-07-20, 11:00

Further to the above post, if anyone buys a copy and they have any thoughts - good or bad - do let me know. I know what I think but naturally it's always useful to have an honest opinion from readers. Sadly I don't think there's likely to be any follow-on books in this series for some time as Ian Allan seem to be more interested in other ideas and formats now Sad
Back to top Go down
GOOSE
GOOSE

PostSubject: Re: English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland Empty2009-07-20, 11:03

Any chance of donating one for a Fighter Control competition?

Sorry to be a chancer........ Razz
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland Empty2009-07-20, 11:44

I'd be happy to if I had any! As ever, all I got was six copies, all of which were sent-off to various contributors in exchange for their efforts (yes Terry S. I still have yours to send off too!). My mates think it's perpetually hilarious that I don't even have copies of my own books!
Back to top Go down
GOOSE
GOOSE

PostSubject: Re: English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland Empty2009-07-20, 12:29

Thanks anyway. Looking forward to seeing a copy.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
Sheff

Sheff

PostSubject: Re: English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland Empty2009-07-21, 10:34

If it's of any help to FC members, I do have the option to purchase copies at discount - think they would work-out at about £20 but I'd have to check. If that's of help to anyone, feel free to PM me and I'll look into it for you.
Back to top Go down
Mikedee

PostSubject: Re: English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland Empty2009-07-31, 04:49

Saw a copy of book at Duxford Visitor Centre on day before Flying Legends weekend...First glance was enough for me to order a copy from offer mentioned above
Delighted with book and the many previously unseen photos plus a few 'almost forgotten old favourites' (tractor driver looking over his shoulder at vertical Lightning just a few feet from impact with a very lucky pilot escaping....prints of aircraft in a multitude of markings brings back fond memories of some historical squadrons when we had an impressive Air Force

History of each individual aircraft makes you realise how many were lost, although only a few did achieve over 4000 flying hours with several airborne for less than 100 hours.

My initial genuine enthusiasm in Lightnings goes far back to days as a 'school leaver' spending a day with Roland Beamont and P1B XA 847 at Warton........happy hours spent at Coltishall watching 226 OCU. and more recently climbing over the Barry Pover aircraft at Exeter before they went off to South Africa

Enjoyed the book..Might have had more stories devoted to "Lightning Mishaps" but that could have taken up the whole book

Nice one Sheff !! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland Empty

Back to top Go down

English Electric Lightning' by Tim McLelland

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Military Aviation Books :: Books -