New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Credit Crunch and Airshows

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

Credit Crunch and Airshows Vide
PostSubject: Credit Crunch and Airshows Credit Crunch and Airshows Empty2009-06-16, 04:32

With everyone being effected by the credit crunch in one form or another, who here has been strategicly been planning which airshows to attend? Whether it be distance or cost of entrance.

With the high increase in admission fees and unleaded petrol now £1.04 a litre. Asda, Tesco & Morrisons are now at 99.9p a litre.

And also the ever increasing train fares. How many are you attending this year and which ones are you not attending. How many miles are you traveling too and from. Are you already reducing your speed to maximise MPG ?

Are you roughing it by sleeping in the car or tent instead of a cheap hotel or B&B.

Are you car sharing and splitting the fuel costs ?

Have people actually been saving for these events?

Who here has actually stopped going to airshows because of the high prices and when did you stop going ?
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
colt99

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Credit Crunch and Airshows Credit Crunch and Airshows Empty2009-06-16, 04:58

Would say the credit-crunch has not made a difference for me, my work rota has made the desicions for me Crying , but the shows i am going to are Fairford, which includes all days at Kempsford while it's open, and a drive to and from Biggin Hill, which is not a problem for me living fairly close, if i was free to get to others, i think i would save because it's things like the airshows that make the credit-crunch a bit easier to put up with.
Dave
Back to top Go down
lblake

lblake

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Credit Crunch and Airshows Credit Crunch and Airshows Empty2009-06-16, 05:02

Im going to arrivals days at Waddo, and by the sound of it dropping my passengers off on the road side and parking up to walk back out to them (if its true about each person paying)

And thats it, i can go to Ingoldmells for the funfair and carboot/market every weekend

Im not interested in talking to aircrew/groundcrew, ive grown out of climbing over tanks and playing with the weapons on display

And anyway i can drive just up the road and sit on the seabank to watch the fast jets (we have left) playing around in the sky

I guess i will miss being told im about to be arrested for not getting back in my car and leaving the airfield NOW, but im sure i will get over that small point

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Credit Crunch and Airshows Credit Crunch and Airshows Empty

Back to top Go down

Credit Crunch and Airshows

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: FC Community :: Non-Aviation Chat -