New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newark Cockpit Fest 13/6/09

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Tiger 1

Tiger 1

Spotter Watch Member : No

Newark Cockpit Fest 13/6/09 Vide
PostSubject: Newark Cockpit Fest 13/6/09 Newark Cockpit Fest 13/6/09 Empty2009-06-14, 02:43

Hi everyone

I spent a very enjoyable day here today, i stood the aeroboot with my stall untill 3pm and then went and had a good look around the cockpits.

The Dakota did 3 very nice low fly bys and other aircraft were also seen low over Newark aswell which included the Reds, Sentinal, Tutor, and in the distance a Fokker Tri Plane seen heading south.

Anyway on with the log,

CANBERRA
=========

WH863

XH177

WJ975

XH584

XH175

WH887

LIGHTNING
=========

XR757

(XS922) needs confirming

XS932

HUNTER
=======

XE584

WT684

WT741 ( 791 )

METEOR
=======

WK914

SEA VIXEN
========

XN651

SCIMITAR
========

XD235

VENOM
======

J-1649

BUCCANEER
=========

XZ431

CHIPMONK
========

WK638

WP927

WZ869

JET PROVOST
==========

XP558

XW302

JAGUAR
======

XX761

XW560

SPITFIRE
=======

HARVARD
========

KF532

????? this is a rebuild project with 75% of the cockpit being genuine Spitfire, but as no serial

SCOUT
======

????? i think this was a Scout, no serial available, it was on a trailer near the museums Lightning, a boom was also noted some way from the cockpit the serial on the boom was XV1_7 the middle digit was either a 2 or 3.

can any one confirm the Scouts serial and does the boom belong to the cockpit.

many thanks hope the log helps.

PS I would just like to say a very large well done to Newark Air Museum and the organisers for a great cockpit fest. one of the best so far i would say.

best rgds

Tiger 1
Back to top Go down

Newark Cockpit Fest 13/6/09

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: Rest of the Country -