New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RN Lynx operating from Wattisham.

View previous topic View next topic Go down
gary1701

Spotter Watch Member : No

RN Lynx operating from Wattisham. Vide
PostSubject: RN Lynx operating from Wattisham. RN Lynx operating from Wattisham. Empty2009-06-11, 14:15

702 NAS Lynx HAS3 ZD249/636 has been operating out of Wattisham today (11th June), and has indicated he will be back tomorrow.

Gary
Back to top Go down
XR713

PostSubject: Lynx at Wattisham RN Lynx operating from Wattisham. Empty2009-06-12, 01:30

I understand HMS York was off the coast of Norfolk/Suffolk and Rescue 125 had to medevac a casualty from her. Could the Lynx be from her?
Back to top Go down
colt99

PostSubject: Re: RN Lynx operating from Wattisham. RN Lynx operating from Wattisham. Empty2009-06-12, 05:01

XR713 wrote:
I understand HMS York was off the coast of Norfolk/Suffolk and Rescue 125 had to medevac a casualty from her. Could the Lynx be from her?

Warship flights are 815 sqn, XR, if it was from the York i would say that the RAF Sea King would not be involved, they would have just put the casualty on the ships flight Lynx and flew them in, not waited for the Sea King to fly out then back again.
Dave
Back to top Go down
Snoop 95

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: RN Lynx operating from Wattisham. RN Lynx operating from Wattisham. Empty2009-06-12, 06:27

The RN Lynx flew over me southbound (to Wattisham) yesterday around 1700hrs and returned northbound about one hour later. Guess the parent ship is off the North Norfolk coast somewhere.
Back to top Go down
gary1701

PostSubject: Re: RN Lynx operating from Wattisham. RN Lynx operating from Wattisham. Empty2009-06-12, 14:30

Hi again,

I was about for most of the afternoon today and never saw it again, so he may not have come back after all, or could have slipped in and out without me seeing him.

It's possible it may have come from a ship, I didn't pick up the comms well enough to hear. He carried '702 squadron' markings on the nose, which is the RN Lynx OCU, with the ships flights being provided by 815 sqn and normally showing the ships name in the same place if deployed onboard, but on the other hand there's no reason why they just haven't done it yet if a recent transfer. A poor quality pic is now in the photo section.

Two RAF C-130J's came through the overhead low and fast today just before 13:00 for one pass before breaking to the North. They caught me by suprise as I wasn't expecting to see two Herc's banking sharply onto 23 from behind the trees! Lead ship was ZH888 according to the camera, no idea on the trailer.

Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RN Lynx operating from Wattisham. RN Lynx operating from Wattisham. Empty

Back to top Go down

RN Lynx operating from Wattisham.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Anglia & South East :: MOD Wattisham -