New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

has anyone been here?

View previous topic View next topic Go down
b0nd08

b0nd08

Spotter Watch Member : No

has anyone been here? Vide
PostSubject: has anyone been here? has anyone been here? Empty2009-06-10, 13:52

i went past bungay today and saw a sign for an aviation museum but have never heard anything about it, so i put it in google when i got home and from the web it looks pretty decent! lots of aircraft with free admission + parking. just wondered if anyone has been? :)

http://www.aviationmuseum.net/
Back to top Go down
St. John

St. John

PostSubject: Re: has anyone been here? has anyone been here? Empty2009-06-10, 14:00

I went a couple of years ago and thought it was really well presented. Nice Vulcan, Victor, Valiant cockpit sections hidden away round the side.

The collection of 446th Bomber group artefacts is really poignant. Reminded me of how young these guys were and what they went through.

Don't forget the 446th memorial and the Flixton church.
Back to top Go down
DOUGHNUT

PostSubject: Re: has anyone been here? has anyone been here? Empty2009-06-11, 01:08

Yes I've been to the Norfolk and Suffolk several times. They are a friendly bunch and I would deffinately recommend a visit, its also a nice part of the country being close to the east coast, Southwold, Lowerstoft and even Great Yarmouth, so could easily be a 'family' day. I can also recommend the Buck pub which fronts the museum. To anybody planning a visit please check the web for the openning times, when I last visited they were closed on Saturday's, but I was luckly and found a member of staff who allowed me top look around.
Back to top Go down
St. John

St. John

PostSubject: Re: has anyone been here? has anyone been here? Empty2009-06-11, 02:19

just one other thought....

Waveney district council produce an "Airfields Tour" leaflet that also lists all the museums such as Halesworth. It's worth picking this up from Tourist Info next time your in Bungay/Beccles/Lowestoft etc.

I've always been really impressed with how well Waveney council promote their Airfield heritage.
Back to top Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: has anyone been here? has anyone been here? Empty2009-06-11, 03:37

Cracking museum and well worth attending.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
GOOSE
GOOSE

PostSubject: Re: has anyone been here? has anyone been here? Empty2009-06-11, 11:45

They've got a Lightning, nuff said. Clap Clap Clap

Seriously though go, you'll enjoy it. Last went about 2.5 years ago. Tie it in with a visit to the Museum at Norwich.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: has anyone been here? has anyone been here? Empty

Back to top Go down

has anyone been here?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Demobbed :: Wrecks & Relics / Museums -