New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

D-Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Flying figgis

Flying figgis

Spotter Watch Member : Yes I am!

D-Day Vide
PostSubject: D-Day D-Day Empty2009-06-06, 04:09

Having been at Coningsby on Thursday and witnessing the departure of the majority of the BBMF in support of the commemoration of the D-Day landings, I wanted to pay a personal tribute to the forces of all nations who took part in this historic battle. Having been to the D-Day beaches, as well as the British, American and German cemeteries, it is a deeply moving experience.

May you never be forgotten. Rest in Peace brave souls
Back to top Go down
http://www.yourstressmanager.co.uk
REDS

REDS

Spotter Watch Member : No

D-Day Vide
PostSubject: Re: D-Day D-Day Empty2009-06-06, 09:18

Today bare a thought.
This Day in 1944, men, Humans like ourselves,
Fought and Died to liberate Europe from oppression,
To deliver the Jews, The french, the Germans and the whole of Europe from the oppression of the Nazis.
Remember them, visualize, and listen to the sounds and the Horror of the Beaches and fields of Normandy this day.
Remember that for our tomorrow they gave their today.

May I just take this opportunity to thank all the veterans still living and those that died in Battle fields or those that may have died even recently for their sacrifice to our country.
Back to top Go down
JG71
Admin
Admin
JG71

D-Day Vide
PostSubject: Re: D-Day D-Day Empty2009-06-06, 09:59

A very touching thought.Most of us i will imagine will have had grandparents or great grandparents who served.

Recently as some of you know i visited a WW1 cemetary in the Somme and the experience does really move you.

Jim
Back to top Go down
http://www.j79photography.webs.com
REDS

REDS

Spotter Watch Member : No

D-Day Vide
PostSubject: Re: D-Day D-Day Empty2009-06-06, 14:46

My cousin and uncle have traveled to Normandy to see the D-day celebrations and walk amongst the graves of the many Crying
From what I understand they are on their way back now and said they had a good time, I will have to do a tour one day, perhaps see my one of my war hero's grave one day that being General George S Patton
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

D-Day Vide
PostSubject: Re: D-Day D-Day Empty

Back to top Go down

D-Day

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: FC Community :: Non-Aviation Chat -