New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Solway Aviation Museum

View previous topic View next topic Go down
The Cameraman

Solway Aviation Museum Vide
PostSubject: Solway Aviation Museum Solway Aviation Museum Empty2009-05-31, 13:10

Hi Chaps & Chapesses,

just returned home from a superb visit to the Solway Aviation Museum, Carlisle and thought I'd post a few images for you.

Solway Aviation Museum IMG_4226

Solway Aviation Museum IMG_4227

Solway Aviation Museum IMG_4237

Solway Aviation Museum IMG_4219

Solway Aviation Museum IMG_4254-1

Canberra cockpit

Solway Aviation Museum IMG_4221-1

Solway Aviation Museum IMG_4234

Solway Aviation Museum IMG_4230-1

Solway Aviation Museum IMG_4235

They kindly opened up the Vulcan cockpit and allowed me to get a shot of my trusty mode transport, a BMW C1!

Solway Aviation Museum IMG_4269

Solway Aviation Museum IMG_4260

Solway Aviation Museum IMG_4261
Back to top Go down
peter

PostSubject: Nice collection Solway Aviation Museum Empty2009-06-10, 14:55

The Phantom looks in really good condition. Has the Vulcan received a recent repaint??
Back to top Go down
Flaps
Flaps

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Solway Aviation Museum Solway Aviation Museum Empty2009-06-10, 14:58

Very nice set,but what's that blue thing in the sky in each photo?
Back to top Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Solway Aviation Museum Solway Aviation Museum Empty2009-06-11, 04:00

Cor a C1 !!!! Not seen one of them in ages.

Yes the evening sun and cloudless skies certainly do the aircraft at Solway alot of Justice.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
The Cameraman

PostSubject: Re: Solway Aviation Museum Solway Aviation Museum Empty2009-06-11, 09:22

Hi Peter,

the Phantom looked Phabulous. I don't know if the Vulcan's had a paint job but she looked pretty fine to me.

Hi Street Hawk,

yep C1's are a rare sight and I'm forever having my photo taken whilst riding it. I bought her as a project and she'd been parked up for over three years and covered in mold. I went at her carefully with a steam cleaner, fitted a new battery and she burst into life. Passed an MOT test without any work at all and was straight back on the road. I was expecting to take months stripping her down but she had other idea's. After a quick run I was hooked and have covered over 2000 miles in the last 2 months! She's as mad as a box of frogs but I love quirky designs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solway Aviation Museum Solway Aviation Museum Empty

Back to top Go down

Solway Aviation Museum

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Demobbed :: Wrecks & Relics / Museums -