New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BBMF Hanger Tour question

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Unknown

Spotter Watch Member : No

BBMF Hanger Tour question Vide
PostSubject: BBMF Hanger Tour question BBMF Hanger Tour question Empty2009-05-25, 05:34

Now I've been on this tour twice and both times most of the Aircraft have been in the BBMF Hanger (All the fighters, Spitfires, Hurricanes etc, both Chipmunks were inside, The Lancaster was outside first time and inside second and the Dakota first time round was being towed out and second was actually sitting outside) and I was wondering how is the tour organised for when all the Aircraft are sitting outside (if that ever happens?) do they guide you up that cordoned off sidewalk area up beside the perimeter fence and if so how good an area is that for taking pictures, my Lanc and Dakota shots from the first time is excellent but I'm not sure about how far away they park the other fighters etc...........
Back to top Go down
TEEJ

BBMF Hanger Tour question Vide
PostSubject: Re: BBMF Hanger Tour question BBMF Hanger Tour question Empty2009-05-25, 08:52

Yes they do guide you along the sidewalk area. If anything is outside then for photography it all depends on what time of the day.
Early to midday you will have the sun in your face. The best time is late in the afternoon when the sun is further round to the right.

It all depends how busy it is. I've seen them park the Spits and Hurricanes next to the grass area just to the right of the end of the
sidewalk. If they are parked there then due to the sun the only decent shots will be through the fence. Sometimes they will work on an airframe in the left hand corner next to the hangar.

TJ
Back to top Go down

BBMF Hanger Tour question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: UK Military Airfields :: East Midlands :: RAF Coningsby -