New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Go down
GOOSE
GOOSE

Spotter Watch Member : No

A suggestion Vide
PostSubject: A suggestion A suggestion Empty2009-05-02, 11:24

Guys, do we really need one flight to one thread?

Not a complaint, just a suggestion that we might be able to do things better? :?: :?:
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
biglamp

Spotter Watch Member : no

A suggestion Vide
PostSubject: Re: A suggestion A suggestion Empty2009-05-03, 09:46

GOOSE wrote:
Guys, do we really need one flight to one thread?

Not a complaint, just a suggestion that we might be able to do things better? :?: :?:

what about using the date as a header ?

i for example,mainly post RCH/OTT's i have actually seen,and mainly do not know where they are going.as i have sbs,i dont listen to OTT's on the scanner.
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

A suggestion Vide
PostSubject: A Suggestion A suggestion Empty2009-05-07, 06:17

Goose is away so i will reply.
A Date header seems a better idea. Please put this into effect as of today.
Back to top Go down
Blackcat1

Blackcat1

A suggestion Vide
PostSubject: RCH A suggestion Empty2009-05-07, 06:26

Ill just put a log in future, that is if i monitor enough to post a log and if i can be bothered. Sorry sir!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

A suggestion Vide
PostSubject: Re: A suggestion A suggestion Empty2009-05-07, 06:57

Well if you bother to post individual threads on each RCH flight (which you do obviously, cause i have just put them in todays thread) then why not bother posting in just one thread? I can't see any problem, it makes it tidy and easier to sort out.

Having a day-day thread works better and looks better.

Everytime Admin try and tidy up these forums, people seem to think we having a dig at members posting which is not the case. Carry on posting (if you can be bothered) the RCH flights, no one is having a go....we just want to tidy up certain aspects of the forum and would appreciate some help on the members part...

But it's entirely up to members if they wish to post or not. I would have thought a nice neat tidy forum is what members might enjoy.
8)
Back to top Go down
colt99

A suggestion Vide
PostSubject: Re: A suggestion A suggestion Empty2009-05-07, 15:30

If i could join this one, i would personally prefer an individual post as the aircraft is over the UK, instead of a day-day thread, it gives me a chance of listening to the aircraft aswell, but agree a date header, constantly updated sounds a good idea.
Dave
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

A suggestion Vide
PostSubject: Re: A suggestion A suggestion Empty2009-05-07, 16:13

what i mean't was... someone starts the days thread, each day, people continually post in that thread for that particular DATE then for the next day, another thread i started. I can't see a problem with it... , if people have their times set up correctly in their profile then everyone can see up to date posts.

For example.

Todays date - one thread
Tomorrows date - another thread under that dated header (not continuing from todays)
9th May - seperate thread
10th May - seperate thread
and so on, so the whole board is in date format rather than RCH 1345 here, RCH 456 there and every where.
It won't be a day-day continuation in just ONE thread...

FC are trying to tidy up certain threads, we have seen that the RCH thread and Overhead/OTT threads are becoming messy so they need tidying up.

See the REACH board now... day-day date format. Everyone posts their corresponding days REACH OTT/heads up in the relevant thread. If you look at all the current posts, they all have the callsign, where it is, its routing and time heard/seen. I can't see why that info cannot be posted within a dated thread each day... seperately.

If it doesn't work then we will try something different.
Back to top Go down
tim_raper

Spotter Watch Member : no

A suggestion Vide
PostSubject: Re: A suggestion A suggestion Empty2009-09-29, 14:43

any chance we can make these more readable by having one thread per day like we almost had once upon a time?
One flight per thread is pants, can't be bothered to read them.
Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

A suggestion Vide
PostSubject: Re: A suggestion A suggestion Empty2009-09-29, 15:44

It seemed that my suggestion of having all the contacts in one thread per day stopped people from posting and they continued to post one aircraft per thread...
Again it makes it hard to follow, when i did try and make things easier...
Having all the days RCH flights in one thread (dated by day/date) would make things much easier for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A suggestion Vide
PostSubject: Re: A suggestion A suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

A suggestion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Military Airband :: REACH (RCH) Flights -