New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

****flambards* helston****

View previous topic View next topic Go down
PX367

Spotter Watch Member : nope

****flambards* helston**** Vide
PostSubject: ****flambards* helston**** ****flambards* helston**** Empty2009-04-26, 01:32

hi guys,just wondering if flambards theme park still have the fairy gannet near the car park??
and where the other planes went when they moved them out to make space for new rides??
just off the top of my head hears what i can remember was there some 15yrs ago(i wasnt into planes much then) so appologies if i get it badly wrong..........

fairy gannet(was still there 5ish yrs ago)
canberra
some kind of blueish naval skyraider whith a dome under it
a red gnatt
a westland wasp

there were loads more but i just cant remember lost the pics,it was nearly all 35mm then hehehe guess makes me an old fart lol!
Back to top Go down
colt99

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: ****flambards* helston**** ****flambards* helston**** Empty2009-04-26, 03:34

A lot of the airframes were taken away unfortunately PX, the Gannet was axtually the last "fully intact" aircraft to leave, it went to Davidstow moor early 2008, so not too much there anymore, if anything.
HTH
Dave
Back to top Go down
PX367

Spotter Watch Member : nope

PostSubject: ****flambards* helston**** ****flambards* helston**** Empty2009-04-26, 04:07

thats a shame,i am staying at marazion in a months time and was going to go and see it!! guess i will have to chill in the viewing enclosure at culdrose on the gweek road(i have never seen a thing there yet) hehe..

thanks for the reply,do you have any pics of when the planes were at flambards??
Back to top Go down
Beefsteak

Beefsteak

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: ****flambards* helston**** ****flambards* helston**** Empty2009-04-27, 09:35

Just to confirm the Gannet is at Davidstowe Moor , in a not too bad condition either , I'm down there again in a couple of weeks time and always pay a visit so I shall try to get a couple of pics of her.

By the way if you're near Gweek , give the seal sanctury a miss, In my opinion it's a real rip off!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ****flambards* helston**** ****flambards* helston**** Empty

Back to top Go down

****flambards* helston****

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Demobbed :: Wrecks & Relics / Museums -