New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aircraft starting off the runway

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

Spotter Watch Member : No

Aircraft starting off the runway Vide
PostSubject: Aircraft starting off the runway Aircraft starting off the runway Empty2009-04-19, 04:46

Since installing UK2000 Scenery when i start at Culdrose, my aircraft is approx 300 metres from the Runway, in the countryside.
Same goes with other air stations also...
Do i go into the Scenery folder and delete the old default Culdrose? If so, i have tried and cannot find the 'default' EGDR scenery files??
Back to top Go down
davem

davem

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft starting off the runway Aircraft starting off the runway Empty2009-04-19, 05:26

Rich, that sounds most likely to be an AFCAD conflict. If you're using the UK2000 sceneries, do a complete search from your root FS9 directory for the airfield in question's ICAO. It should show some AF2_xxxx files in the UK2000 scenery directory and given what you have said, will most likely show others up - if you delete these (to the recycle bin as a safeguard) ands ONLY leave the UK2000 AFCAD file for that airfield you should find this is fixed.

If not, shout!

Dave.
Back to top Go down
http://www.equinesinaction.co.uk
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft starting off the runway Aircraft starting off the runway Empty2009-04-20, 02:39

I have the following in the FS9/UK2000 Scenery/UK 2000 Pt2/Scenery folder:-
egdr.bgl
egdrexc.blg
egdrVFR.bgl

I tried deleting these and when i restarted FS9 i added a freeware Culdrose scenery, rebooted FS9 and went to try it, and all i got was error messages coming up saying the three files above could not be found.
I also went into the UK2000 Scenery/af2_high/scenery folder and deleted af2_egdr.bgl

Edit: Just tried deleting all again, no error came up, but just the default scenery appeared.
So i restored all of the above again. No matter what runway i choose, im on the grass....

Where is my default egdr (culdrose) scenery located? I've been in the scenery/world and scenery/eurw folders but there is no egdr file in these.

Which ones should actually delete and keep out of those?

Last edited by Razor61 on 2009-04-20, 04:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
davem

davem

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft starting off the runway Aircraft starting off the runway Empty2009-04-20, 04:07

Which you keep depends on which scenery you want to use.

Provided you want to use the UK2000 scenery then you need to keep ALL files associated with that scenery.

You'll need to delete all other files associated with that airbase (ie the freeware Culdrose scenery) otherwise you'll get the conflicts you're experiencing. You can normally tell an AFCAD conflict as there'll be bits of tarmac missing and floating around just above the ground depending on the accuracy of the scenery.

If these sceneries also appear in the addon scenery list you'll also need to delete the entry for that (freeware) scenery and just leave the UK2000 version.

If in doubt, delete EVERYTHING Culdrose related and reinstall the UK2000 version?
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft starting off the runway Aircraft starting off the runway Empty2009-04-20, 04:11

Just deleted the freeware Culdrose scenery from the folder and from inside FS9 addon settings. I am no longer starting inside the countryside several hundred metres to the right of the runway, BUT
Now i only have the UK2000 scenery there. But i am still off the runway by about 100 metres. My plane is starting in the original default location, not the UK2000 runway location.
This happens with most of the SW airfields.

Oh balls.... i've installed so much stuff over time i don't know what i have etc lol!
Back to top Go down
davem

davem

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft starting off the runway Aircraft starting off the runway Empty2009-04-20, 04:29

Sounds a bit better!

Try that EGDR search again and delete anything NOT inside a UK2000 folder.

Also, if the UK2000 scenery is in the Addon Scenery folder try elevating it up the list a bit, although NOT above any VFR scenery or mesh you may have installed.
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft starting off the runway Aircraft starting off the runway Empty2009-04-20, 04:53

Now deleted as much as i could find, still the same, about 100 metres from the threshold.
With Yeovilton, i am starting about 20 metres to the left of the runway (27) between the threshold and the ski-ramp.

Really not sure where to look now.
I've deleted all the EDGR files other than what is in the UK2000 scenery.

Do you think my Ultimate Terrain Europe is doing it?
Back to top Go down
davem

davem

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft starting off the runway Aircraft starting off the runway Empty2009-04-20, 06:11

Don't know much about UT, but in case you've got any AI traffic files which are causing conflicts, you may need to check to see if you've got any MAIW or PAI AI addons running which may have EGDR AFCADs in them which would also need to be deleted?

Beyond that I'm stuck... Sorry!
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft starting off the runway Aircraft starting off the runway Empty2009-04-20, 06:19

Dave
Thanks for your help in this.
I do have MAIW and have deleted as said, still no luck. At a loss now! Oh well... good job there is a SLEW feature!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft starting off the runway Aircraft starting off the runway Empty

Back to top Go down

Aircraft starting off the runway

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Flight Sim & Modelling Section :: Flight Sim Section -