New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09

View previous topic View next topic Go down
BeanieMan

BeanieMan

Spotter Watch Member : No

Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Vide
PostSubject: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-04-02, 05:09

Hi all,

Just wanted to update you on the first batch of participation for our show down here in Dawlish on the 20th August.

For those of you unaware of our display, I have attached a couple of links to two reviews of last years show which should give you an indication of the unique photographic opportunities our venue offers.

http://www.airsceneuk.org.uk/airshow08/488dawlish/dawlish.htm
http://www.airshows.co.uk/uk-reviews/2008/dawlish-carnival-airshow.html

Still very early days at the moment for participation but confirmed at present are:

RAF
Red Arrows (F)
Typhoon - 29 Sqn (F)
BBMF - Spitfire, Hurricane & Lancaster (F)
Griffin HT.1 - SARTU (S)
Sea King HAR.3A - 22 Sqn `A' Flt (F)

RN
Sea King HU.5 - 771 NAS (F/S)

Civil
EC-135 - Devon Air Ambulance (S)

Our free airshow is funded purely by donations & sponsorship, without any financial help from the local government.
If you would like to help keep the event going, please click on the Paypal link below to make a donation
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4371565

Postal donations can be sent to

Dawlish Carnival Airshow (F.A.O Mr K. Wills)
PO Box 45
Dawlish
Devon
EX7 9XY

Cheques made payable to `Dawlish Carnival Committee.'

I will happily send out maps of best locations & an advice sheet to anyone who donates.
Trust me when I say that every pound/penny counts, your help & support is most appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers!

Morley
Dawlish Airshow Team
Back to top Go down
BeanieMan

BeanieMan

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-04-03, 01:06

Hi all,
A couple of updates for you.

The 22 Sqn Sea King HAR.3A is now also confirmed for Static as well as Flying, which is great news for all.

I can also reveal two items that are allocated for us but are NOT confirmed yet as they are both subject to sponsorship/funding.
These are the RNHF Sea Hawk for the flying display and the`loaned RNHF' Wasp HAS.1 for both Static & Flying.
If we can raise the cash, we'll have them so every donation counts.
Just seeing JB in the Wasp last year at the hill was worth a tenner of anyones money!! Shocked Wow

More news to come ;)

Cheers!
Morley
Dawlish Airshow Team

Click link to Donate to Dawlsh Airshow 2009:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4371565

Last edited by BeanieMan on 2009-05-10, 01:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BeanieMan

BeanieMan

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-04-28, 17:16

Sadly, due to the latest decision to cut back on the number of Typhoon displays this year, Dawlish has been taken off 29's display list. A very great shame and an act that will be sorely missed from our programme.
Pretty gutted TBH Crying
Back to top Go down
John

John

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-04-29, 15:14

Hi
I am gutted as well it will be my first year was looking forward to seeing that there Crying ..

John..
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-05-10, 00:24

Sorry to hear Dawlish has lost the Typhoon... an act as loud and firey will be missed big time i'm sure but as you say, it's early days yet and we all know what the Dawlish team can muster up....
Back to top Go down
BeanieMan

BeanieMan

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-06-16, 02:26

Hi all,
Time for an update on what's happening with this years show. I have both good & bad news so let's start with the good.

Participation news:
With over 2 months to go, the participation list continues to grow and we can now announce the following additions (F = Flying, S = Static)

RAF
Hawk T.1/A - 4 FTS (F)
King Air - 45(R) Sqn (F)

FAA
Sea Hawk FGA.6 - RNHF (F)
Wasp HAS.1 - RNHF loan (F/S)

USAFE
KC-135R - 100 ARW (F)

Civilian
Hunter FGA.9 XE601 - Exeter (F)

plus a couple of `surprise items' that will hopefully give the phots a rare image or two Whistle Tentative at the moment but fingers crossed Cool

So, as it stands, the prog looks like this:
RAF
Red Arrows - RAFAT (F)
Hurricane - BBMF (F)
Lancaster - BBMF (F)
Spitfire - BBMF (F)
Griffin HT.1 - SARTU (S)
Hawk T.1/A - 4 FTS (F)
King Air - 45(R) Sqn (F)
Merlin HC.3A - 78 Sqn (S)
Sea King HAR.3A - 22 Sqn `A' Flt (F/S)
Squirrel HT.1 - DHFS (Red 10) (S) TBC

FAA
Sea King HU.5 - 771 NAS (F/S)
Sea Hawk FGA.6 - RNHF (F)
Wasp HAS.1 - RNHF loan (F/S)

USAFE
KC-135R - 100ARW (F)

Civilian
Hunter FGA.9 XE601 - Exeter (F)
EC-135 - DAAT (S) (Detached for ops)

Now the not so good news............
As I'm sure you are all very aware by now, we run this show solely on sponsorship and donations. The whole Team are all unpaid volunteers giving up spare time to put this show on.
Last year we had a great response prior to the show by way of donations from those planning to attend. However, to date, this year is sadly not the same with the number of donations countable on one hand! Yes, I know it's a free airshow but surely for the photo opportunities alone, it's worth a couple of quid of anyones money?
The truth of the matter is now, sadly, if we can't raise enough this year, there will be no Dawlish Airshow next year, possibly even this year. Sad but true.
We've have the opportunity to get classic aircraft such as the Vulcan, Sea Vixen, they actually want to come, but with our budget so tight, we simply can't afford them. Seriously guys, every £ counts.

So come on, let's make the 2009 event a great success and keep the door open for 2010.
Dawlish Airshow Paypal Donation link below

Clap https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4371565 Clap

PO Box 45
Dawlish
Devon
EX7 9XY

And finally.............
I cannot stress this enough but the farmer who owns the land on the hill has asked me to ask you all to refrain from going into his field before I get clearance from him that morning. He will have a bull in there and we don't want anyone coming face to face with that bad boy!
Seriously, there will be plenty of time to get your pitch before the first arrival so please respect his wishes.

Thanks for reading this, see you on 20th August!

Cheers!
Morley
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-06-16, 04:07

Come on folks dig deep!

FC have already pledged to support the show, so join in and make it happen!

Can you imagine the Vulcan displaying at that location? Bloody awesome!

Shame to see one of the best Airshow venues going down the pan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vividmule.com
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-06-18, 14:02

**Bump**

So people get clubbing together, throw in a fiver each and give Morley a PM with your pledge!

Dont let this unique venue disappear off the radar, every little helps!
Back to top Go down
BeanieMan

BeanieMan

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-07-23, 00:55

Hi all,
Firstly, I must thank the FC crew for stepping up and becoming one of the key sponsors for this years show. It truly is appreciated, thank you from all of us on the team.

Just another quick update on participation.
We are pleased to announce another helicopter for static, a first for us, by way of an A.109 from 32 (TR) Sqn at Northolt, a very welcome addition.

Many thanks to those of you who have donated so far, and to those that haven't yet:
Dawlish Airshow Paypal Donation link below

PO Box 45
Dawlish
Devon
EX7 9XY

Every donation counts, you'd be amazed how far they go. As Dunk said earlier, we don't want our pretty unique event to fade away, we want it to grow and develop so if you are planning on attending, please do send a donation. If you PM me with your pledge, I'll send you a map & list of hints and tips about show day Wink

Once again I cannot stress this enough but the farmer who owns the land on the hill has asked me to ask you all to refrain from going into his field before I get clearance from him that morning. He will have a bull in there and we don't want anyone coming face to face with that bad boy!
I will be at the Smugglers Inn that morning with the latest on the arrivals & displays so as soon as I get clearance, I'll let you know in person.
Seriously, there will be plenty of time to get your pitch before the first arrival so please respect his wishes.

Look forward to seeing you on the 20th August.

More updates to follow Whistle

Cheers!
Morley
Back to top Go down
BeanieMan

BeanieMan

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-07-24, 11:41

Hi again,
For any of you interested in keeping bang up to date with news and views on Dawlish 2009, follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Dawlish_Airshow

Cheers!
Morley
Back to top Go down
BeanieMan

BeanieMan

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-08-10, 16:24

If anyone wants to donate, now is the time folks.
Pending a phone call & subject to raising £1500 in the next week, we stand to have a 'V'ery special guest in the flying display
More news tomorrow.........
Cheers!
Morley
Back to top Go down
BeanieMan

BeanieMan

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-08-12, 06:46

Hi all

I've just had that call from TVOC and...................

For those of you that haven't yet, it's time to dip your hand in your pocket and donate as
Dawlish Airshow 2009 is delighted to announce the addition to the flying display of none other than, XH558, the Vulcan!

We have about £1350 to raise in the next week so every penny counts. The shot of her over our unique backdrop has got to be worth a couple of quid of anyones money.

Thanks again to all of you who've contributed so far, it really is appreciated.

Cheers!
Morley

Last edited by BeanieMan on 2009-08-12, 06:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-08-12, 06:49

Great news Morely Cheers Looking forward to next week already Razz
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-08-14, 05:14

Excellent news on bagging the Vulcan, lets hope you get the donations needed.

Dunk
Back to top Go down
BeanieMan

BeanieMan

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-08-14, 08:33

MAJOR announcement to be revealed within the hour......... Wow

Cheers!
Morley
Back to top Go down
neil1861

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-08-14, 09:02

Choc biscuits on standby Laughing
Back to top Go down
BeanieMan

BeanieMan

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-08-14, 09:17

Earlier this week, we were delighted to announce the addition of XH558 to our show. Well this has gone one stage further now.....

We are very proud to announce something very special that will be taking place in our flying display on the 20th August.
Something that last happened in the early 90's will take place again over the skies of Dawlish, as we announce that....

Vulcan XH558 will, again, formate with the the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team, `The Red Arrows!'

We are over extremely proud that Dawlish has been given approval for this amazing flypast, which surely says something now of the standing of our Airshow.
Many thanks to the TVOC, The Reds & the CFS for their effort & hard work in making this happen for us.

This is a formation certainly not to be missed.
Now click that donate button folks!

Cheers!
Morley

Last edited by BeanieMan on 2009-08-14, 10:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GOOSE
GOOSE

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-08-14, 09:26

Well done the Dawlish Team Clap Clap Clap

Hope all goes well and your extremely hard work is repaid. Cheers Cheers Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
Squadron Prints

PostSubject: WELL DONE to the Dawlish Team Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-08-14, 12:33

To ALL the Dawlish Airshow Organisers
http://www.dawlish.net/carnival/airshow/team.htm
- POD (Kev Wills), Absolutangel and co
WELL DONE - WELL DONE - WELL DONE - WELL DONE - WELL DONE - WELL DONE
It is not easy organising an event but the Dawlish TEAM have pulled out all the stops for a great show
Only sorry we won't be there
Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
Back to top Go down
http://www.squadronprints.com
BeanieMan

BeanieMan

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-08-15, 03:57

Many thanks to all for the kind comments.
Kev Wills and all of us on the Team are very excited about this years show and truly appreciate your continued support and donation.

Following the announcement of the Vulcan and subsequent formation flypast with the Reds, naturally, we are anticipating a higher than average audience this year.
With this in mind we would like to remind you of the Park & Ride scheme we are running and, as Abs pointed out earlier in the thread, the additional trains that will be running to crowd centre throughout the day.

The Park & Ride scheme costs only £7 per car. That covers the car parking AS WELL AS unlimited use of the Park and Ride shuttle to the central display area for up to 8 people all day from 9am to 10.30pm.

First Great Western Airshow train times can be found here: http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk/Content.aspx?id=4170

Still more participation news to come early next week we hope, subject to a telephone conversation I'm having with a potential first time participant on Monday morning.........
Keep those fingers crossed folks!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Dazza

Dazza

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-08-16, 02:16

Great news and a fantastic job by all. I can't wait as it will be my first visit to Dawlish. Clap Clap Clap
Back to top Go down
Dunk
Admin
Admin
Dunk

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-08-19, 04:35

F15 flyby cancelled according to Dawlish Twitter.

http://twitter.com/Dawlish_Airshow
Back to top Go down
Razor61
Admin
Admin
Razor61

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty2009-08-20, 17:44

Although a few things were scrubbed at short notice, it was a really nice day out...
Vulcan with the Red Arrows... and who can forget that Wasp again coming to hover infront of the photographers...
Red Arrows? Haven't lifted my camera up for a long time to photograph these but i took over 90 images on this day.... why?
Because you can't get much better a location for taking photos of the Reds...

Thanks Kev Wills, Morley Lester and the rest of the team and coming out on tops through some difficult times and let downs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dawlish Airshow 20-8-09

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Airshows :: Airshows -