New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Grahame W

Grahame W

Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Vide
PostSubject: Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Empty2009-03-20, 02:34

Amazon has recently announced the publication of Jerry Pook's "Flying Freestyle: an RAF fast jets pilot's story". Anyone who's read his book "RAF Harrier Ground Attack Falklands" will want to give this one a go. I suspect it will not be without controversy. An example from his last book: "in the Tornado F3 the RAF had purchased a fighter that could not operate effectively much above 30,000 ft. Even the Javelin could do better."
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Spotter Watch Member : No

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Empty2009-05-03, 03:19

Is there anyone who knows where to order this book. For some reason amazon.co.uk canceled my order giving the reason that it is not available.

Thanks,
Eric
Back to top Go down
Grahame W

Grahame W

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Empty2009-05-03, 08:43

Publication has apparently been delayed. My Amazon order is still on their books (no pun intended), although I was given the option of cancellation. I've checked the publishers site (Pen and Sword) and there is no mention of it, so your guess is as good as mine as to when it will finally appear.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Empty2009-05-03, 09:12

I've contacted Pen and Sword by email so let's hope they can give some details after the weekend.
I will inform you here.
Confirmation by P & S: book should be out next month
Eric

Last edited by Eric on 2009-05-06, 10:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trenchard

Trenchard

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Empty2009-05-03, 15:12

I contacted the publisher through Waterstones and was advised it is currently with the printer and it is intended to be ready for sale in about 3 weeks
Back to top Go down
Grahame W

Grahame W

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Empty2009-05-23, 01:05

I've just received an email from Amazon to tell me that my order has been dispatched, so it should now be generally available.
Back to top Go down
Vulture 1

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Empty2009-05-31, 13:50

It's now on sale - I saw a coy in Jarolds in Norwich a week or so ag
HTH
Bob
Back to top Go down
Trenchard

Trenchard

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Empty2009-05-31, 14:23

Just finished it, a really good read in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Empty2009-06-12, 01:58

Just received and started to read Jerry Pook's book. Superb book for a Cold War reader like me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle Empty

Back to top Go down

Jerry Pook: Flying Freestyle

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Military Aviation Books :: Books -