New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Question regarding East Fortune

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Unknown

Spotter Watch Member : No

Question regarding East Fortune Vide
PostSubject: Question regarding East Fortune Question regarding East Fortune Empty2009-03-07, 09:53

I've heard recently in some Scottish Press about the upgrades and improvements to the Museum of Flight at East Fortune, but what I really really want to know is are there any NEW Aircraft Exhibits due at the MoF?
Back to top Go down
GOOSE
GOOSE

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding East Fortune Question regarding East Fortune Empty2009-03-07, 10:14

Don't think that there is any room after they devoted a whole hangar to just one retired, droop nosed, white, ex-supersonic boring airliner :!: :x

Waste of a hangar :scratch:
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com/login.forum?connexion
Tonks

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding East Fortune Question regarding East Fortune Empty2009-03-07, 10:42

lol! lol! lol!

What a grumpy chops... I know she is a civvie and that this is not the place to say it, but she is beautiful!

.......... I'll get my coat! Opps

Not a bad museum though...

Tonks 8)
Back to top Go down
clawmarks

clawmarks

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding East Fortune Question regarding East Fortune Empty2009-03-07, 15:35

Tonks wrote:
lol! lol! lol!

What a grumpy chops... I know she is a civvie and that this is not the place to say it, but she is beautiful!

.......... I'll get my coat! Opps

Not a bad museum though...

Tonks 8)

Sounds like Goose got out the wrong side of the bed this morning lol!
Back to top Go down
Wallace

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding East Fortune Question regarding East Fortune Empty2009-04-05, 00:28

One can not deny that the RSM cleared a whole hangar for just one aircraft and the whole collection suffered because of it.

They desperately need a new museum hangar as what they have left has been crammed together into the remaining three hangars.

The place has went down hill over the years and the museum is now run by civil servants rather than people that actually care about aircraft. There is more passion for preservation at Montrose (the smallest of the four Scottish aviation museums) than there is at East Fortune.

..... and no, I did not get out of bed on the wrong side either.
Back to top Go down
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding East Fortune Question regarding East Fortune Empty2009-04-05, 13:27

I reckon the whole resession thing at the moment has made East Fortune rethink it's plans, was there not at one stage a plan to create a new hanger over where the woods are near the BAC-111? I heard there were at one point plans for a new hanger area for Concorde.
Back to top Go down
alnewhaven

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding East Fortune Question regarding East Fortune Empty2009-04-12, 05:15

Unknown wrote:
I've heard recently in some Scottish Press about the upgrades and improvements to the Museum of Flight at East Fortune, but what I really really want to know is are there any NEW Aircraft Exhibits due at the MoF?

There have been a lot of press reports about new interactive exhibits with pics cute kiddies in Airline pilot outfits. Think its just stuff being launched for the Easter hols. and no new planes.
Back to top Go down
alnewhaven

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding East Fortune Question regarding East Fortune Empty2009-04-12, 05:16

Unknown wrote:
I reckon the whole resession thing at the moment has made East Fortune rethink it's plans, was there not at one stage a plan to create a new hanger over where the woods are near the BAC-111? I heard there were at one point plans for a new hanger area for Concorde.

IIRC the plans were for a brand new hangar for Concorde. This was then changed yto the current situation. I have not heard of any other planned buildings
Back to top Go down
HighlandSniper

HighlandSniper

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding East Fortune Question regarding East Fortune Empty2009-04-12, 05:47

As a long-time fan of East Fortune, I have to say how disappointed I was last time we visited to find that so much of the collection had been taken out of use to accommodate Concorde, which is hardly a rare exhibit in comparison to much of what it displaced, and especially bearing in mind Concorde's distinct lack of Scottish connections.

I agree with the others who say that the passion for aviation seems to have slipped from the agenda at East Fortune in comparison to former years.
Back to top Go down
Unknown

PostSubject: Is it true.......? Question regarding East Fortune Empty2009-04-16, 03:00

Don't know if it's been put on as a joke but I've just seen on UKAR and there's something about a Jaguar at East Fortune, does anybody know if this is true or not?

Or am I getting mixed up with another museum?
Back to top Go down
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding East Fortune Question regarding East Fortune Empty2009-04-16, 03:07

Jaguar GR1.A XZ119/F [9266M]

http://www.demobbed.org.uk/locations.php?location=1409
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
Unknown

PostSubject: EF Jag question....... Question regarding East Fortune Empty2009-04-16, 04:17

I take it that the Jag hasn't been unveiled yet as this is the first I've heard of it, any idea wether it will be part of the new exhibits about to be opened shortly - also any idea when it actually arrived..........
Back to top Go down
HaveQuick2

HaveQuick2

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding East Fortune Question regarding East Fortune Empty2009-04-17, 04:32

Unknown wrote:
I take it that the Jag hasn't been unveiled yet as this is the first I've heard of it, any idea wether it will be part of the new exhibits about to be opened shortly - also any idea when it actually arrived..........
Departed Cranwell 12th March
Back to top Go down
merlin3945

Spotter Watch Member : no

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding East Fortune Question regarding East Fortune Empty2009-06-05, 07:04

The Jaguar is currently keeping the lady in the big white frock company
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding East Fortune Question regarding East Fortune Empty

Back to top Go down

Question regarding East Fortune

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Demobbed :: Wrecks & Relics / Museums -