New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cleared for the option

View previous topic View next topic Go down
Andrewausfa

Andrewausfa

Cleared for the option Vide
PostSubject: Cleared for the option Cleared for the option Empty2009-03-05, 12:54

'This is Shadow 67 cleared for the option'

This one seems to be peculiar to our American friends. I assume it's either he's cleared for a touch and go or it's something to do with ILS.

Anyone?

Thanks - Andy
Back to top Go down
Tonks

PostSubject: Re: Cleared for the option Cleared for the option Empty2009-03-05, 13:03

We use "the option" for having the option to role or overshoot after an approach. Some times you may want to put a late overshoot in without the student knowing it is coming as it happens for real like that sometimes. On basic flying training you even have the option to land as well... that can be great for a first solo work up as saying to a student "just land this ok and I will send you solo" can really spook them so having the option means you can take control on the runway and send them off...

Tonks 8)
Back to top Go down
Andrewausfa

Andrewausfa

PostSubject: Re: Cleared for the option Cleared for the option Empty2009-03-07, 10:08

I forgot to say 'thanks' Opps

Andy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleared for the option Cleared for the option Empty

Back to top Go down

Cleared for the option

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Military Airband :: Aviation Resource and Jargon Centre (ARJC) -