New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Website  Reports/Articles  Frequencies/Callsigns  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forum Problems [Combined]

View previous topic View next topic Go down
jones243

jones243

Forum Problems [Combined] Vide
PostSubject: Forum Problems [Combined] Forum Problems [Combined] Empty2009-02-22, 15:52

When flicking from area to area on the forum I keep getting a IE script error box,any ideas Im running Vista with the updates. :drunken: :drunken:

Mark

Last edited by MikeB on 2009-02-23, 15:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Several topics merged.)
Back to top Go down
MikeB
Admin
Admin
MikeB

PostSubject: Re: Forum Problems [Combined] Forum Problems [Combined] Empty2009-02-22, 16:02

Could you post a print screen of the error?

It is possible it was a problem while the forum was being updated (New skins are being tested by the Administration team).

HTH,
Mike
Back to top Go down
http://www.UnbrokenPhotography.co.uk
Street Hawk
Admin
Admin
Street Hawk

Spotter Watch Member : Yes

PostSubject: Re: Forum Problems [Combined] Forum Problems [Combined] Empty2009-02-22, 16:16

Alot of our members have been having problems viewing the forum.

As many members are not IT literate, and do not update their Windows Software, nor do users update their windows software using the custom option, many users do not have the .net updates.

Also alot of our members have 15" screens with VGA graphics cards and are unable to adjust their screen size.

Therefore a decision has been made to revert back to phpbb3 and find a skin that works for all.

And many members have been complaining that the right hand side of their images are missing and SBS logs are not formatting properly.

Hopefully this skin is suitable as the font size is size 9 and the SBS logs are now nicely formatted and the 800x533 images are in full.
Back to top Go down
http://fightercontrol.forumotion.com
jones243

jones243

PostSubject: script Forum Problems [Combined] Empty2009-02-23, 03:13

Tried flicking through the different areas of the forum and not got a script error report yet,did think it could of been a conflict with vista and the new service pack.Admin keep up the good work with the forum.

Mark :drunken:
Back to top Go down
a321

PostSubject: New website format - Forum Not Displaying Correctly Forum Problems [Combined] Empty2009-02-23, 07:33

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but Fighter control website is currently virtually unusable on my computer with all sections covered in small aircraft inside circles. Is any body else getting this, can I have the previous version back please, could some p mail me if there is somthing I'm not doing

a321
Back to top Go down
MikeB
Admin
Admin
MikeB

PostSubject: Re: Forum Problems [Combined] Forum Problems [Combined] Empty2009-02-23, 07:34

Try hitting CTRL + F5, should sort the problem out for good.

HTH,
Mike
Back to top Go down
hedgerowops

hedgerowops

PostSubject: Re: Forum Problems [Combined] Forum Problems [Combined] Empty2009-02-23, 10:41

I'm getting the same problem terrible.
Chris
Back to top Go down
MikeB
Admin
Admin
MikeB

PostSubject: Re: Forum Problems [Combined] Forum Problems [Combined] Empty2009-02-23, 10:50

hedgerowops wrote:
I'm getting the same problem terrible.
Chris

Have you tried pressing Ctrl + F5? It will sort the problem out and shouldn't occour again, it's just because we have decided on a new theme. Not too sure of the cause, maybe cookies again..

Mike
Back to top Go down
vinnyboy

PostSubject: Re: Forum Problems [Combined] Forum Problems [Combined] Empty2009-02-23, 12:58

well i liked the new look but now its terrible photos on the left hand side and member names etc on the right.Dont look right maybe in america it whould look ok and also when a object has been viewd it used to go a light colour now it stays the same what is going on with this it was great in the new style now its changed again not good
Back to top Go down
vinnyboy

PostSubject: Forum Problems [Combined] Forum Problems [Combined] Empty2009-02-23, 13:05

hi there with the new left hand pics and right hand names which i think is terrible we now seem to have the same problem that another website had when they changed the pictures are not in full with nose cut off etc either that or there is some terrible photogrothers out there i think its the first though anyone else noticing this
Back to top Go down
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: Forum Problems [Combined] Forum Problems [Combined] Empty2009-02-23, 13:12

yes its started doing that here as well, i'll look into it
Back to top Go down
digger

digger

PostSubject: help Forum Problems [Combined] Empty2009-02-23, 13:57

Help my screen is fool of wee red / black planes and cant see screen :affraid: ok got it back :scratch:
Back to top Go down
pikey01
pikey01

PostSubject: Re: Forum Problems [Combined] Forum Problems [Combined] Empty2009-02-23, 14:23

Digger is it the first time you have logged in today? where the forum software has changed cookies were causing plane icons to appear. If you pushed ctrl f5 to refresh you shouldnt get any more problems.
Back to top Go down
digger

digger

PostSubject: Re: Forum Problems [Combined] Forum Problems [Combined] Empty2009-02-23, 14:33

Yes it was done wart you said the light blue looks great
digger ;)
Back to top Go down
vinnyboy

PostSubject: Re: Forum Problems [Combined] Forum Problems [Combined] Empty2009-02-23, 14:48

thanks very much still the site of course :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Problems [Combined] Forum Problems [Combined] Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Problems [Combined]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Forum Online Now - www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/ :: Fighter Control Information :: Technical -